Windows 10: Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i ran the Windows “fresh start” tool and now I’m in worse shape than before. It seemed to run fine, no error messages, but once it restarted... it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by heather_robson246678, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen

So i ran the Windows “fresh start” tool and now I’m in worse shape than before. It seemed to run fine, no error messages, but once it restarted... it takes me to the login screen and thats it... all that shows up is my background picture and the date/time. The box to enter my password doesnt even come up.

clicking the mouse or keyboard doesnt prompt anything either.

Any ideas?!

:)

heather_robson246678, Nov 11, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen [​IMG]

zinou, Nov 11, 2020
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen

Delta6326, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen

1. Windows 10 Fresh Start Tool - Can’t Get Past Login Screen - Similar Threads - Fresh Start Tool

2. Can’t get past windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get past windows: My pc won’t los windows after resetting my pc I deleted everything and it’s doesn’t let me get pas through windows update the windows logo pops up for a little disappears and does that like 8 times then restarts and try’s again but stuck on that...
  3. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  4. Can’t get past login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past login screen: Hello, I just recently moved into a new house and after setting up my computer it boots into the login screen however it will not show me the option to put in my password.I am on windows 11.CPU: ryzen 5 3600RAM: 16 gb ddr4GPU: amd radeon 6600MOBO: msi b450m pro-vdh max...
  5. Can’t get past windows pin screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past windows pin screen: When I enter my pin or click “forgot my pin” it just returns me to the same screen prompting me to enter my pin. I have tried shutting down the computer and pressing esc before it gets to that screen so that I could access the startup menu. Anything I select from that screen...
  6. Can’t get past windows pin screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past windows pin screen: When I enter my pin or click “forgot my pin” it just returns me to the same screen prompting me to enter my pin. I have tried shutting down the computer and pressing esc before it gets to that screen so that I could access the startup menu. Anything I select from that screen...
  7. Disabled msconfig and start up settings can’t get past the login screen.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabled msconfig and start up settings can’t get past the login screen.....: So I’m a dum ****, I was trying to get a game to work that spontaneously quit working and I disabled everything in my msconfig and start up, now I can’t sign in, says my pass word is wrong which it’s not, my pin is not accessable, can’t use the forgot my password just goes...
  8. Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Fresh Tool for Windows 10: Tried the Start Fresh Tool to get a clean install on my Windows 10 PC and the got the message saying there was a problem and "...we're unable to run this tool on your PC." The error code was 0x80072F76-0x20016. Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 8.1 on the PC. Any...
  9. Can’t get past blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get past blue screen: Computer won’t go past blue screen I tried to do system restore I get a error, tried startup repair just brings me back to blue screen, Tried uninstall updates didn’t work, Tried putting it in safe mode but just puts my back into the boot up logo screen and just spins and...
  10. I can’t get past the login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t get past the login screen: My laptop won’t let me get past the login screen, when I boot it up it gets to where the login page should be but no prompt to enter my password pops up. I’ve tried start up repair and resetting my laptop but it just says something like “can’t reset computer nothing was...