Windows 10: Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Advanced Recovery option offers recovery solutions which can help you bring back Windows 10 to a working condition. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 3, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

WinClub, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

How to Start Fresh with Clean Install of Windows 10 using Refresh Windows Tool

There is more information here about the tool released in Anniversary Edition to

Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows

It is in addition to the existing
    Reset Your Windows 10 PC

You can also saves files, settings and apps by running the
    Windows 10 Repair Upgrade.

However none of these can really be called a Clean install because it leaves the existing partition structure on the drive. So to do a truly

Clean Install Windows 10
    follow the illustrated steps in link to delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space, then create your desired partitions or just click next to let the installer do it for you and begin.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install

1. Windows 10 Fresh Start vs Reset vs Refresh vs Clean install - Similar Threads - Fresh Start Reset

2. fresh start vs. reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fresh start vs. reset pc: What is the difference between a fresh start and resetting the PC? My PC has Windows 11 installed, is freezing too much for the last few days and disturbing my regular workflow. Should I reset the PC or give it a fresh start? Every related info is appreciated....
  3. fresh start vs. reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start vs. reset pc: What is the difference between a fresh start and resetting the PC? My PC has Windows 11 installed, is freezing too much for the last few days and disturbing my regular workflow. Should I reset the PC or give it a fresh start? Every related info is appreciated....
  4. Fresh Start vs Windows 10 Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start vs Windows 10 Setup: I want to reinstall Windows 10 and I found these 2 ways. Fresh start and using the setup.exe from the media creation tool. What are the differences and which one should I use?[ATTACH]...
  5. Reset vs Fresh Start

Reset vs Fresh Start: What is the difference between reset and fresh start? I know both have the option to keep personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-vs-fresh-start/1bf783a2-19b7-48eb-a9a8-f0f693171dcc
  6. CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??: MY Windows suddenly started behaving weird and so I went on to reset it. But there are 2 options Clean Reset Vs Quick Reset. I know that Clean reset is more secure and i also don't want to restore my data in future. So is there any need to opt for it. I mean will there be...
  7. CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CLEAN RESET Vs QUICK RESET??: MY Windows suddenly started behaving weird and so I went on to reset it. But there are 2 options Clean Reset Vs Quick Reset. I know that Clean reset is more secure and i also don't want to restore my data in future. So is there any need to opt for it. I mean will there be...
  8. Clean install vs refresh or restore

Clean install vs refresh or restore: Back with XP/7 and maybe 8 doing a format and clean install was the prefered way to install an OS or to fix errors I have updated to win10 from 8 which carried over all my previously installed programs, but was considering a clean install via usb and reinstalling all the...
  9. Reset vs Clean Install?

Reset vs Clean Install?: I just upgraded my notebook from 8.1. Win 10 is activated. I did the upgrade by creating an ISO using MCT, expanding the files to a USB hdd, then running Setup. I would now like to do a clean reinstall. Since I do not have bootable external media for the notebook, I'm...
  10. Fresh Install vs Update

Fresh Install vs Update: You can do that without clean install, look up in tutorials. I did that despite changing almost whole computer. Old one was on legacy BIOS and new one on UEFI BIOS and M.2SSD. As for clean installs, only once (last spring update), before that thru numerous Insider builds, it...