Windows 10: Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file...

Discus and support Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just re-installed windows 10 after upgrading to a raid 0 m.2 set up with dual Evo 960 1TB SSDs. After troubleshooting all the issues of actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasKrug, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file...

Just re-installed windows 10 after upgrading to a raid 0 m.2 set up with dual Evo 960 1TB SSDs. After troubleshooting all the issues of actually getting windows to recognize the raid, and also HAVING BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS THE BACKUP IMAGE BEFORE WHILE REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 - I now get an error "restore image the system cannot find the file specified 0x80070002" - I have checked the registry for duplicate profiles and run the sfc scan, and read through many forums, but none of them have any solutions for me - Please Help.

:)

NicholasKrug, Nov 26, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file... [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 26, 2018
  3. System image restore fails

I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full.

1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image.

2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB.

3. I boot up using the USB and attempt to restore the image.

I receive the following error -

Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS and this computer is using EFI.

It's the same machine. I tried the same steps listed in this Microsoft Community question

here
    . Didn't work.

1. I went into the BIOS and disabled Legacy Support so it would boot up in UEFI.

2. And vice versa, re-enabled it.

3. Tried it with Secure Boot disabled as well.

I'm not understanding why this is happening as everything has been done on the same laptop.

Any ideas before I have to go out and purchase third party imaging/restore software?

Thanks.

Eddie Ponce 1, Nov 26, 2018
  4. bgw2go Win User

Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file...

Windows 10 System Image Backup fails

I have not tried this resolution because of the initial steps I listed in my question. As mentioned in my original statement, I performed a clean install of Windows 10, yet when I tried to restore the computer from a System Image Backup it failed. As I just
    got the computer up and running again with Windows 7, I didn't want to go back and try this fix as I didn't see how it would help as I originally upgraded from a Windows 7 computer that has BIOS, and upon looking at the settings, there is nothing listed about
    EFI.

bgw2go, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file...

1. Windows 10 FRESHLY installed - FAILED to restore image the system cannot find the file... - Similar Threads - FRESHLY installed FAILED

2. Windows 10 system image restore failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system image restore failed: I am in a bit of a pickle. After the latest failed attempt to upgrade my system from W10 to W11 I got a boot\BCD error. I have a recent system image but when I try to re-image using a W10 install USB I receive the error: The system image restore failed. Error details: The...
  3. Windows 10 system image restore failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system image restore failed: I am in a bit of a pickle. After the latest failed attempt to upgrade my system from W10 to W11 I got a boot\BCD error. I have a recent system image but when I try to re-image using a W10 install USB I receive the error: The system image restore failed. Error details: The...
  4. Windows 10 system image restore failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  6. System image restore failed

System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  7. System image fails to restore image.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System image fails to restore image.: I am trying to restore a system image on my computer but I cannot understand why it keeps failing. Previously I had no problems in restoring a system image. The following error message is displayed instead: “The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  8. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  9. System image restore fails

System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  10. System Image Restore Fail

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...