Windows 10: Windows 10 fried my HP Envoy computer after Oct 2nd update

Discus and support Windows 10 fried my HP Envoy computer after Oct 2nd update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I know this? Because I got the blue screen of death. I turned off computer to look it up. And know the cpu will not start up. HP techs tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by delaharper, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 fried my HP Envoy computer after Oct 2nd update

How do I know this? Because I got the blue screen of death. I turned off computer to look it up. And know the cpu will not start up. HP techs tried everything. They know my c drive is dead! WHAT IS MISCROSOFT DOING TO CORRECT THOUSANDS OF COMPUTERS WITH DEAD DRIVES?

:)

delaharper, Oct 18, 2018

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 fried my HP Envoy computer after Oct 2nd update

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 fried my HP Envoy computer after Oct 2nd update

1. Windows 10 fried my HP Envoy computer after Oct 2nd update - Similar Threads - fried Envoy computer

2. My HP ENVOY Photo 7855 won't scan. It does print!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVOY Photo 7855 won't scan. It does print!: My HP ENVOY Photo 7855 won't scan. It does print, but won't scan. It is not a wireless connection, but connected to my modem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envoy-photo-7855-wont-scan-it-does-print/147e924d-198c-418e-9d02-987d3ca55fb6
  3. My HP ENVOY Photo 7855 won't scan. It does print!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP ENVOY Photo 7855 won't scan. It does print!: My HP ENVOY Photo 7855 won't scan. It does print, but won't scan. It is not a wireless connection, but connected to my modem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envoy-photo-7855-wont-scan-it-does-print/147e924d-198c-418e-9d02-987d3ca55fb6
  4. Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running: Hi there, after the last Windows 10 Update I'm facing the problem of not having internet access anymore. Find out so far that the Wlan AutoConfig service isn't running. Tried to manually start this service run Services->Wlan AutoConfig-.Properties->Start brings up this error...
  5. Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running: Hi there, after the last Windows 10 Update I'm facing the problem of not having internet access anymore. Find out so far that the Wlan AutoConfig service isn't running. Tried to manually start this service run Services->Wlan AutoConfig-.Properties->Start brings up this error...
  6. Windows 10 last Update Oct 2nd Wlan Autoconfig not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is my computer fried?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my computer fried?: I've been using this computer for a good 6 months already but its showing signs of acting up and many crashes. I play Minecraft on this computer and think that my fans might not be cooling my PC fast enough. I've been getting system error exception stop codes and have tried...
  8. Oct 14th update crashed my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct 14th update crashed my computer.: As of right now, waking up this morning to an update that seemed to crash my computer. I have alot of music on there and productiin software i dont even have the disc for anymore, and as of this morning am now resetting it hopefully fixes it but please tell me i havent lost...
  9. After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up

After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up: My computer automatically installed the new windows update on Oct 13. I downloaded a new program monosnap on Oct 14 and now my computer won't boot up completely. It spins like it's working on booting up. I took out the battery and tried to boot up again. Then I got an error...
  10. contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct.

contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct.: contents of my Document, Music & Pictures lost after latest windows update on 2nd Oct. The new document is now pointing to my OneDrive folder instead. All my documents not there. How can I retrieve?...