Windows 10: Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an Acer E5-576G-5762 laptop, it's 3 yrs old and the 250gb SSD is corrupted. It still works for the most part but it has issues. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesPasola, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD

Hi all,

I have an Acer E5-576G-5762 laptop, it's 3 yrs old and the 250gb SSD is corrupted. It still works for the most part but it has issues. I have purchased a new 500 gb Crucial MX500 M.2 hard drive. This is a huge step for me as I'm old and NOT computer savvy. I'm researching and watching videos, and initially planned to clone the new drive with the existing drive. But I'm finding that might not be the best option, especially since my old drive has problems.
    1. Would I be better doing a clean install?
    2. What is the easiest way to accomplish this. I read about using the media creation tool to create a file. These instruction all refer to using a USB flash drive. I have a WD 1TB external drive with plenty of space. Will this work?

Thank you and please add any other info you would deem helpful for an old fart to get this done!

JIm

:)

JamesPasola, Nov 2, 2020

2. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Nov 2, 2020
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD

USB not recognized after startup with new SSD

Hi,

Please answer the following:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from installing a new SSD, were there any updates made to your device prior to this issue?

We suggest that we check for system file corruption, check this
    link
    for more information.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD

1. Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD - Similar Threads - corrupted SSD SSD

2. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  3. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  4. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD Corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Corruption: Hello, on 4.2.2022. I left my PC on when I was going to school because I was downloading something and I set it to go to sleep in about 45 minutes which was enough for the thing I was downloading to download. When I came back from school my pc was still on and hours have...
  6. SSD Corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Corruption: Hello, on 4.2.2022. I left my PC on when I was going to school because I was downloading something and I set it to go to sleep in about 45 minutes which was enough for the thing I was downloading to download. When I came back from school my pc was still on and hours have...
  7. SSD Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. SSD Corrupt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Corrupt: I have an HP pavilion590 with dual boot. I have an SSD disk that boots up but every visible file on it shows errors and reboots I've tried booting USB system creator but it also shows SSD as corrupt after loading. Normally with good disks, the system works well. I don't...
  9. Corrupt SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt SSD: A while back, I replaced the HDD in a Sony PS3 Slim with a 480GB SSD to try to speed it up. The system said it had to be formatted, so I formatted it. The formatting stalled at about 90% and now the SSD is corrupted. I put it in an Inateck USB 3.0 drive enclosure and...
  10. ssd corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ssd corruption: 5 times this year i’ve had to reinstall windows after being unable to boot. orginal motherboard had bios updates as did all other devices including the ssd’s. since then i’ve replaced the motherboard. all drives pass system checks and smart is okay. p.s.u was replaced as...