Windows 10: Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet

Discus and support Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi we have build a PC and then loaded windows10 from a purchased USB. During install it failed to connect to the internet dispite having a WIFI card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IM_UK, Apr 5, 2021.

1. IM_UK Win User

Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet

Hi

we have build a PC and then loaded windows10 from a purchased USB. During install it failed to connect to the internet dispite having a WIFI card and also being connected to a working router via ethernet. Having continued without internet windows is operating fine, however it can not connect to the interent. It can not detect the WiFi card. And when using the ethernet it reples that it doesn’t have a valid IP configeration.

we have tried resetting router and obtaining IP manually, along with many other steps suggested on the internet but nothing works.

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance

:)

IM_UK, Apr 5, 2021

2. Unable to Connect to Internet with Windows 10

Hi, I realise that this problem has been asked many times over the Internet, however I am at my wits end over this problem.
    I would like to have Windows 10, but I have downloaded it four times, and each time I am unable to connect to the Internet, either by WiFi or Ethernet cable. I have Windows 7 Home, Premium, 64bit. with a Generic Desktop. Each time I have upgraded to 10, I have had to revert back to Windows 7.
    I have tried all the suggestions on Microsoft. and Google Search, without any success. I have purchased new Wireless adapter Cards, and USB wireless Adapters. I have no idea now, as to what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have searched and tried many suggestions over the last 3 - 4 months, without any success. When I revert back to Windows 7 Home Premium, all works fine again, without any problems.*Mad

aussietaff, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Castiel Win User
    New Internet Connection Help!

Okay I have been using this crappy Sprint Wireless internet in my moms computer, and I would have it set up as a Home/Office Network where I would hook up a Cat5 cable into the network card and It would send a internet connection through the cable into my computer and the Sprint internet is a USB stick that is in the USB slot in the back of her computer. Well I just got AT&T internet and I don't need the Home network any more or the cable hooked up to my moms computer. But she needs her computer hooked into the the Modem/Router and she is unable to connect to the Modem so I guess that it is still in the network phase. So I am wandering how do I fix her computer where she is connected by the modem through her network card? Because I think that it is still trying to send not receive information through her network card.

Before: Sprint internet Connected through USB----> Internet Connection------>Network Card-----> Cat5/Ethernet---->My Computer=INternet

///----->Wirless Internet---> My Computer= Internet*Big Grin Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet :D
    After New internet: Modem/Router Internet connection-----> Network Card----->Computer--->Unable to connect to Modem/Router*Bang Head :banghead:---->No internet

Castiel, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet

1. Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet - Similar Threads - USB onto build

2. Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build: I built a PC back in 2019, it has 850W Power Supply, i770k Intel CPU, GTX 1070, 1TB HHD, WD Disk Drive, 250GB SSD, Asus Maximus Hero Mobo, Windows 10After not using this computer for about a year, it seems I have forgotten the password on it, even though I could swear I wrote...
  3. Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build: I built a PC back in 2019, it has 850W Power Supply, i770k Intel CPU, GTX 1070, 1TB HHD, WD Disk Drive, 250GB SSD, Asus Maximus Hero Mobo, Windows 10After not using this computer for about a year, it seems I have forgotten the password on it, even though I could swear I wrote...
  4. Self-Made Windows 10 USB not installing onto New Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. unable to connect Internet on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to connect Internet on windows 10: We have Asus vivobook 13 5000 series and it came with Windows 11. We do not like windows 11 so downloaded Windows 10 ISO and installed Windows 10 from scratch by removing all files. Right after installing windows, we are unable to connect Internet. We have other computer so...
  6. Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 from USB onto new build unable to connect to internet: Hi we have build a PC and then loaded windows10 from a purchased USB. During install it failed to connect to the internet dispite having a WIFI card and also being connected to a working router via ethernet. Having continued without internet windows is operating fine,...
  7. Problems with installing Windows 10 onto a new build.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with installing Windows 10 onto a new build.: So when installing windows onto a new PC through a USB, the process got interrupted (accidentally turned my PC off). When I booted up again it kept giving me error messages so I just took out the hard drive from the new pc, formatted it and tried again. Now when I boot up the...
  8. Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing windows 10 from usb onto new ssd: Recently my Hard Drive on my HP laptop died on me so I decided to buy a working 120 gb Kingston SSD. The problem was I had no other windows device to get a copy of Windows 10 onto my USB so I just downloaded the latest windows 10 ISO from the official Microsoft website. So...
  9. Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10

Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10: When building my PC I decided to put in an M.2 Wifi card that I knew worked. On my computer I don't get an option for wifi anywhere. I tried Windows Troublshoot and that didn't do much and then I tried downloading new drivers. I'm confident that I downloaded the drivers...
  10. Unable to Connect to Internet with Windows 10

Unable to Connect to Internet with Windows 10: Hi, I realise that this problem has been asked many times over the Internet, however I am at my wits end over this problem. I would like to have Windows 10, but I have downloaded it four times, and each time I am unable to connect to the Internet, either by WiFi or Ethernet...