Windows 10: Windows 10 froze during large file transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 froze during large file transfer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I recently just bought a new laptop, HP Pavillion, and a new Windows 10 32/64 bits built 1907 retailed version. When I was transferring large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SoftAlexandra3Plays, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 froze during large file transfer

Hello. I recently just bought a new laptop, HP Pavillion, and a new Windows 10 32/64 bits built 1907 retailed version. When I was transferring large files on the laptop, the bts dropped to 0. Seeing that, I pressed pause and it would just load. Then, because that didn't work either, I pressed cancel and that's when everything started to not work. The file explorer is not working and any command won't work. The only things that show are the task manager, a white screen and a working cursor. I tried to force stop the laptop or force restart, but nothing. What should I do?

:)

SoftAlexandra3Plays, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 large network file transfer hangs OS

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing when you're doing a large network file transfer can occur due to several reasons, such as, configuration issues, hardware limitations, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are doing a wired or a wireless transfer?
    • Were you using other programs while you were performing the large network file transfer?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

Windows 10 froze during large file transfer

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 froze during large file transfer

1. Windows 10 froze during large file transfer - Similar Threads - froze during large

2. Pc froze during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc froze during reset: Hi I need help my pc froze during a reset and is now stuck at 76% what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-froze-during-reset/d20ac668-32dd-4e62-af7d-1cd76bd7e2c7
  3. Pc froze during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc froze during reset: Hi I need help my pc froze during a reset and is now stuck at 76% what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-froze-during-reset/d20ac668-32dd-4e62-af7d-1cd76bd7e2c7
  4. Pc froze during reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  6. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  7. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. lost audio files during transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost audio files during transfer: I used an usb cable to transfer audio files from my galaxy A20 to my W10 laptop. The transfer seemed to go well, and eventually stopped. Now those files are gone from my cell but NO WHERE on the laptop. I have used File explorer, recycle bin, device manager, searches by...
  9. External SSDs not suitable for large file transfers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External SSDs not suitable for large file transfers?: I recently returned a PNY Elite portable SSD ( PNY Portable SSD Elite Silver USB 3.1 (480GB): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories ) because the transfer rate fell a lot after about 60 seconds. I was writing 32GB and 62GB image files from internal SSD to it and the transfer...
  10. My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10: My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10 and now it won't go anywhere further than the black Windows screen with a loading sign before it resets and does the same thing over again for what seems like forever, I can open up BIOS sometimes and I've tried booting...