Windows 10: Windows 10 froze my Windows 7 Pro x64 Desktop now system is not loading any OS via USB or...

Discus and support Windows 10 froze my Windows 7 Pro x64 Desktop now system is not loading any OS via USB or... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and did so by the 'Online' method because it said 'click here', but below is also one to download the Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zenhow, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Zenhow Win User

Windows 10 froze my Windows 7 Pro x64 Desktop now system is not loading any OS via USB or...

Hi.

I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and did so by the 'Online' method because it said 'click here', but below is also one to download the Media Creation Tool...because I did the online method, MS has messed up my perfectly working New - Old stock system - it is rendered useless now.

I cannot load windows 7 Pro x64 back using my Licenced disk, I cannot get Windows 10 to install using both methods of .iso and using the USB straight out as a Windows 10 disk.

I tried Rufus and nothing. I formatted two separate HDD SATA drives both 500 GB, one is Seagate Barracuda and the other is a Western Digital Caviar Blue. The Seagate is new even though build back in 2012, so is this system, I built it and put it away until about 6 months ago and used it very little...just for music.

Now, after 8 days and talking with Asus techs who were vague on what to do and how to do things - which did not work either.

After many attempts to use Rufus, pull everything out and put back in one at a time, updated BIOS, set Ai Tweaker Asus M5A98X Evo ver. 1.01 to manual and SATA Ports 5/6 to IDE for HDD and CDVDROM 'manual states to do so when loading a OS'.

Top forums - no one can explain and only come up with computer is stuck in GPT - need to get back to MBR? I did what they said using Rufus and making changes to the BIOS and 'their' theories did not work.

Thus, I am asking for Microsoft to step up and help me please as this is not my fault essentially. Whatever the download to 17% did and locked at that progress, left me to restart after 2 hours of waiting.

Now, I am out $800 as my system is rendered useless and I am pretty mad at the time I wasted trying to fix something that should have never happened when a huge company should of had the final files that work...

By the way, this is a EUFI, there is no way to get this into Legacy EFI at all...see the manual please and you will see. People keep talking about changing what I do not know from GPT to MBR as this is why I cannot load any OS via USB or CDVDROM. My HDD's are formatted and checked with Disk Management the thorough method/not the quick way. They get a drive letter and marked ready with a volume label. Please help guys...not fair to have this happen when I spend money on your products in the last 25 year of my computer using life.

My system is this:

[Product Information]

Product Type : Motherboard

Product Model : M5A99X EVO

Product S/N : BBM0AC217822

Operation System / Firmware or BIOS version: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ver. 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

[Graphics Card Vendor/model/Chipset/Driver]

ATI Radeon HD 4600 512 MB Asus brand 98CDAC222249 B866PI Rev 1.0

[CPU vendor/processor number]

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

[Memory vendor/model/specification]

Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16 gig Total 9-9-9-24 1600 Mhz

[Others]

Seagate 500 GB HDD SATA; CD-ROM TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AL

[Problem Description]

Subject:Failed Windows 10 Upgrade BIOS stuck in GPT

Hi. I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 finally and I did not use the Media Creation Tool but the online which may be why I am have this issue. The download froze at 17%, I waited 4 hours, then hit 'reset'. Now my system will not read the Windows 7 Pro x64 disk or load it it freezes, same with trying the Media Creation Tool via USB I tried using USB slots front and back. Took apart all components, battery out for 15 min, jumped the CMOS for 15 seconds, pulled power cables off, unplugged, GPU Card out many times. Formatted the HDD with my Windows7 Home Premium Desktop NTFS, with label and it's healthy. I tried booting first with 1 stick of RAM, then 2, then 4, then put the GPU back in - BEEP codes were 1 short, 3 fast, then small pause then 1 short - so 5 in all, then I put the HDD and got one loud beep and the Press F1 screen comes on to go into BIOS. I tried many ways to set the Boot sequence to read USB or CD-ROM First not the HDD as it is formatted. Someone is saying this system is stuck in GPT and I need to get it back to Legacy? This does not have an option for Legacy EFI one guy said. It this board even Windows 10 compatible? My issue is I cannot load either Windows 10 USB media creation tool or Win 7 pro x64 OEM disk. Thank you for any help...I have the MoBo disk. Oh, I tried and got into FreeDOS but I really do not know what to type like 'diskpart'. Please help!!

Help me out please I need this system to work again - it is above what I know today in repair...

Thank you kindly,

Richard M.

:)

Zenhow, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 6, 2020
  3. streetfighter 2, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 froze my Windows 7 Pro x64 Desktop now system is not loading any OS via USB or...

Windows 7 vs 10

Its been said already, however I will just say again go ahead and install the Windows 7 Ultimate and then just update it to Windows 10 Pro via the upgrade option. You will then end up with the best scenario and the least limitations (Though 10 Home would still be enough).

GhostRyder, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 froze my Windows 7 Pro x64 Desktop now system is not loading any OS via USB or...

1. Windows 10 froze my Windows 7 Pro x64 Desktop now system is not loading any OS via USB or... - Similar Threads - froze Pro x64

2. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB: I need to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro via a USB stick in my Lenovo Desktop all-in-one aio 700 series. Product: F0BD003FUS. Serial: P9010FZR. BIOS: O1KKT30AUSI went to this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOBut found the site...
  3. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB: I need to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro via a USB stick in my Lenovo Desktop all-in-one aio 700 series. Product: F0BD003FUS. Serial: P9010FZR. BIOS: O1KKT30AUSI went to this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOBut found the site...
  4. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows patch 7/13 froze my desktop pc: Looking for some help. Loaded the windows 7-13 patch released the other night and it has completely locked my pc. No matter what I have tried, all I see is a black screen with a blue windows box. The pc doesnt seem to get into start up mode. Ive tried the standard...
  6. Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?: Hi all - I was given a Gateway GM-5260 Desktop circa early 2007 and just thought that if it could run W10 Pro, I could use it for something light. Here is the system - note that it has 4GB of RAM: Gateway GM5420 - DT - Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86 GHz - 2 GB - 320 GB Overview -...
  7. Windows 10 x64 Pro userprofile will not load

Windows 10 x64 Pro userprofile will not load: After the desaster of the 3 october update I did a system recovery. After that the computer tries continu to install windows 10 and after that I get a blue screen with the remark logout or shut. Both options don't work and the computer is in a loop and tries to install...
  8. Windows 10 Pro x64 : Not loading Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro x64 : Not loading Windows Update: Hello, I just did a clean install after activating a upgrade install of Windows 10 and I'm having a weird problem. My Windows Update area isnt loading any listed updates and only shows the loading dots at the top. I also can't access the advanced options either. Has anyone...
  9. if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned

if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned: Hi all, i have a new SSD HDD arriving in the post tomorrow and i am wanting to know if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned as once i have started the process i will not have a laptop to use to browse this site to troubleshoot any issues i may have. i have used...
  10. Windows 10 boot loop question - USB OS load vs. System Reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot loop question - USB OS load vs. System Reset: PC worked great day one of my upgrade; games were running way better and I was happy with 10. However, last night I put the PC to sleep; when I woke up, I noticed PC on so I powered the monitor and the tool bar on the bottom left (cortana, windows button, etc) was not...