Windows 10: Windows 10 Froze up, what can I do if it happens again?

Discus and support Windows 10 Froze up, what can I do if it happens again? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing an online game, and Windows 10 screen completely froze. All I could to in the end was switch it off at the wall *Sad If Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yeremyah, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Yeremyah Win User

Windows 10 Froze up, what can I do if it happens again?

I was playing an online game, and Windows 10 screen completely froze. All I could to in the end was switch it off at the wall *Sad

If Windows 10 screen completely freezes again, what can I do? Any key combination I can use to try to fix it and close down the game program?

:)

Yeremyah, Feb 2, 2016

2. What happens if it is necessary to do a Factory Reset

hope we will get the free upgrade even after factory reset. But I have created an ISO of Windows 10. So that I can be safe even after free upgrade was over

Akarsh.Gurikar, Feb 2, 2016
  3. What happens if it is necessary to do a Factory Reset

You can download and save/copy and install all of Windows Updates, 7, 7.1 8, 8.1, including SP1 packages.

Go to..

Microsoft Update Catalog

Also you can enter in update numbers, like KB3068708

MyPublicIdentity8, Feb 2, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Ctrl+Alt+Delete.....If you can open Task Manager you could shut down the game in Processes.
    If neither of these work cut the power supply.

dencal, Feb 2, 2016
  5. Yeremyah Win User
    Tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete, didn't work.

So only way is to turn PC OFF at wall? Does that damage my PC's components in any way?

Yeremyah, Feb 3, 2016
  6. Yeremyah Win User
    Oh well *Sad Nobody knows it seems.

Yeremyah, Feb 4, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    I wouldn't think so, but what other choice is there in the circumstances.

dencal, Feb 5, 2016
  8. b1rd Win User

You can always run CHKDSK as a precaution.

b1rd, Feb 5, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    your files could get corrupted turning your computer off like that. If you haven't done it yet you should backup your system to a external drive. If you need a program to do this I recommend the free version of Macrium Reflect. Macrium Reflect Free

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Froze up, what can I do if it happens again? - Similar Threads - Froze happens again

2. Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?: Pc was being slow /missing some files decided to do a reset while keeping my files and it froze during the windows installation phase what should I do restart?...
  3. Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting pc and when it started installing windows it froze what do I do?: Pc was being slow /missing some files decided to do a reset while keeping my files and it froze during the windows installation phase what should I do restart?...
  4. PC froze. Didn't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC froze. Didn't know what to do: Hi, I was watching YouTube when my PC suddenly "froze," that is it was loading or buffeting, or whatever you called it.I tried to log off Microsoft Edge, but it kept on going round and round and I couldn't turn it off without disconnecting my gateway, too.I didn't want to do...
  5. PC froze. Didn't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC froze. Didn't know what to do: Hi, I was watching YouTube when my PC suddenly "froze," that is it was loading or buffeting, or whatever you called it.I tried to log off Microsoft Edge, but it kept on going round and round and I couldn't turn it off without disconnecting my gateway, too.I didn't want to do...
  6. Not Booting Up, what Can I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Booting Up, what Can I do?: So I restarted my computer like always and it did its normal boot process until I look over and nothing ha happened and the mouse and keyboard is off???? Its not a virus and I doubt anything failed but I'm not sure what to do....
  7. How do I prevent this from happening again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent this from happening again?: It took me forever to figure out how to even use my new laptop without being forced to log into my hotmail account. I'm just not going to do it, I hate this about Windows 10. Anyway, I opened my laptop today to see this screen that almost gave me a heart attach because I was...
  8. Installing Windows froze at 2%. What do I do?

Installing Windows froze at 2%. What do I do?: imgur link I wanted to reset my PC because my sound wasn't working, and this was my last resort. I just did: Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Turned on Data Erasure -> Turned on something else that makes it so that I remove...
  9. What does this error mean, and how can I prevent it from happening again?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this error mean, and how can I prevent it from happening again?: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2020-05-07 5:11:40 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TSSII7K Description: The computer...
  10. how can I make this glitch happen again???

how can I make this glitch happen again???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZedSwartz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6cngl/how_can_i_make_this_glitch_happen_again/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Akarsh Gurikar