Windows 10: Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.

Discus and support Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The freeze happens 3 or 4 times a day, here lately. Usually I just restart and the system reboots and I begin all over. This last time I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by b4ab, Sep 4, 2018.

1. b4ab Win User

Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.

The freeze happens 3 or 4 times a day, here lately. Usually I just restart and the system reboots and I begin all over. This last time I can't restart the computer. I push the power button and nothing happens, not even a beep when the bios starts.

A Dell XPS 8700 with an i7 processor and 24gb of RAM. Currently running Windows 10 64bit, version 1709. Please don't suggest I upgrade to 1803 as I have another file on this forum to expand the system reserve partition, which is moot now that the computer is inoperative.

Thank you,

b4ab

:)

b4ab, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Grizzwaul Win User

Windows 10 install froze while rebooting

Hi

While installing Windows 10 from Windows 7 the following incurred:

• While rebooting it froze during the spinning dial, I waited 20 min then did a hard boot.
    • Froze again at the same spot, I waited 2 min then did a hard reboot
    • Might have frozen a third time, I can't remember
    • On the next reboot, Windows reverted back to the old version. (Phew)
    • Now when I hit the "Ok, lets continue" button on the Windows 10 upgrade app. I get the spinning wheel and the "Working on it" text but after a few seconds the app shuts down and nothing else happens.

Are there some files/folders that I need to delete from the previous attempt?

Thanks

Grizzwaul, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer. - Similar Threads - froze yet again

2. PC Suddenly froze and rebooted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Suddenly froze and rebooted: Hello.My PC randomly froze up and rebooted itself without showing a BSOD, in which I'm sure it has one but didn't just pop out on screen. It happened when I was gaming. I checked the event viewer and it has a log that my PC recovered from a bugcheck and created a dmp...
  3. PC Suddenly froze and rebooted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Suddenly froze and rebooted: Hello.My PC randomly froze up and rebooted itself without showing a BSOD, in which I'm sure it has one but didn't just pop out on screen. It happened when I was gaming. I checked the event viewer and it has a log that my PC recovered from a bugcheck and created a dmp...
  4. PC Suddenly froze and rebooted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bsod yet again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod yet again: I keep getting bsods for some reason, i have my graphics card fully updated but sometimes when i try and shutdown the computer, instead of shutting down itll bsod then restart itself back to the login screen. I've had this keep happening for about a year now as you can see...
  6. Bsod yet again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod yet again: I keep getting bsods for some reason, i have my graphics card fully updated but sometimes when i try and shutdown the computer, instead of shutting down itll bsod then restart itself back to the login screen. I've had this keep happening for about a year now as you can see...
  7. Bsod yet again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer froze: My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my...
  9. Windows rebooting again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows rebooting again and again: I was formatted my windows 10 and then it also went through installing windows process but now my laptop is restarting again and again and not coming out of that infinite loop. I don't know what went wrong any solution would be helpful [IMG]...
  10. Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10: This morning my newly upgraded computer froze and gave me an 0xc000007 error. I have been on Microsoft support all day trying to reinstall Windows but at the last step the install stops, says it can't complete the install and stops. I am dead in the water. Microsoft says...