Windows 10: Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.

Discus and support Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The freeze happens 3 or 4 times a day, here lately. Usually I just restart and the system reboots and I begin all over. This last time I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by b4ab, Sep 4, 2018.

1. b4ab Win User

Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer.

The freeze happens 3 or 4 times a day, here lately. Usually I just restart and the system reboots and I begin all over. This last time I can't restart the computer. I push the power button and nothing happens, not even a beep when the bios starts.

A Dell XPS 8700 with an i7 processor and 24gb of RAM. Currently running Windows 10 64bit, version 1709. Please don't suggest I upgrade to 1803 as I have another file on this forum to expand the system reserve partition, which is moot now that the computer is inoperative.

Thank you,

b4ab

:)

b4ab, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Grizzwaul Win User

Windows 10 install froze while rebooting

Hi

While installing Windows 10 from Windows 7 the following incurred:

• While rebooting it froze during the spinning dial, I waited 20 min then did a hard boot.
    • Froze again at the same spot, I waited 2 min then did a hard reboot
    • Might have frozen a third time, I can't remember
    • On the next reboot, Windows reverted back to the old version. (Phew)
    • Now when I hit the "Ok, lets continue" button on the Windows 10 upgrade app. I get the spinning wheel and the "Working on it" text but after a few seconds the app shuts down and nothing else happens.

Are there some files/folders that I need to delete from the previous attempt?

Thanks

Grizzwaul, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 froze,, yet again, and this time I can't reboot the computer. - Similar Threads - froze yet again

2. Computer froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer froze: My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my...
  3. Windows rebooting again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows rebooting again and again: I was formatted my windows 10 and then it also went through installing windows process but now my laptop is restarting again and again and not coming out of that infinite loop. I don't know what went wrong any solution would be helpful [IMG]...
  4. Windows 10 Windows Mail disappearing yet again ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Windows Mail disappearing yet again ...: For the second time in 6 months, all my mail accounts, settings, and emails have disappeared overnight in the Windows Mail app. I've read, "reset the app" over and over; but, is there a reason this is happening, and can I do anything to prevent it? I reset it last time, and...
  5. My computer froze

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer froze: My computer froze. I could not bring up the task manager either with CTRL +shift + Esc or with CTRL +Alt +delete. I could not turn the computer off. Finally, I noticed the clock was an hour behind. I unplugged the power cord. I still could not turn off the computer. After...
  6. After Windows 10 update, computer froze.

After Windows 10 update, computer froze.: Clicked on update & went to bed. Didn't see any messages. Stuck on 1st screen without log in option, Mouse & Keyboard do nothing. can someone help?...
  7. Windows 10 update froze my computer

Windows 10 update froze my computer: Two nights ago, when I went to close my computer, it gave me the option to "install updates and then restart". I clicked ok and then it ran through the update for a really long time. When I checked my computer, it was frozen on the welcome screen. Now i cannot get my...
  8. Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10

Asus motherboard - computer froze and can't reinstall windows 10: This morning my newly upgraded computer froze and gave me an 0xc000007 error. I have been on Microsoft support all day trying to reinstall Windows but at the last step the install stops, says it can't complete the install and stops. I am dead in the water. Microsoft says...
  9. Fix Account, Yet Again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Account, Yet Again: Let's try this again. I've looked at threads that address this problem, none of which as far as I can tell actually provide a usable answer. On top of that, most of the threads are locked. I guess this is because nobody at M$ knows the answer, and they don't want to deal...
  10. Windows 10 Froze up, what can I do if it happens again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Froze up, what can I do if it happens again?: I was playing an online game, and Windows 10 screen completely froze. All I could to in the end was switch it off at the wall *Sad If Windows 10 screen completely freezes again, what can I do? Any key combination I can use to try to fix it and close down the game program?...