Windows 10: Windows 10 frozen, can't even reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 frozen, can't even reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI,My Dell XPS laptop, running Windows 10 is completely frozen. I've done Cntl >Alt> Del... nothing. I've turned it off via the power button and turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ellen Italiano, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 frozen, can't even reboot

HI,My Dell XPS laptop, running Windows 10 is completely frozen. I've done Cntl >Alt> Del... nothing. I've turned it off via the power button and turned it on... its still stuck. How can I power down the laptop and reboot the system... nothing is working. I'd give a screen shot but its frozen.... doing this on another computer.thx

:)

Ellen Italiano, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Windows 10 frozen, can't even reboot

Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 frozen, can't even reboot

1. Windows 10 frozen, can't even reboot - Similar Threads - frozen can't reboot

2. Windows 10 update frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update frozen: Hi, so recently I have had troubles updating, but then I found media creation tool and it was downloading just fine, but it has been frozen for an hour. I took a look at task manager and I expanded the update process and saw DISM host servicing is using all the disk, and not...
  3. Windows 10 Update - Frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update - Frozen: Windows 10 > Windows Update > screen is blank white with only 5 black dots rolling across the top of the window from left to right, disappear and reappear from left continually. I've tried every way that I can see to request Advance Options and it always comes back to same...
  4. Windows 10: frozen taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: frozen taskbar: sometimes windows taskbar stop working. when I click on it the mouse cursor starts loading, and icons disappear and reappear but it is still frozen, I tried restarting windows explorer but the problem persists.even if I restart my laptop it's still there. but it will resolve...
  5. Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours

Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours: l theHello... I have a Windows 10 Home PC which has defined active hours to be since 8:00 to 20:00, however, at 09:36 PC was rebooted. This PC has a software running unattended all the time. I checked event log and the only thing I have seen is the following in System...
  6. Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.: I've encountered an issue where I can't safely eject USB Mass Storage Devices even after rebooting my computer. Rebooting my computer has always addressed this problem in the past. Even if I only access a single file from an external HDD/Flash drive and close the file and...
  7. Windows 10 update frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update frozen: The latest windows 10 update started on my laptop at 6pm (GMT) yesterday and after leaving it all night it is now 3pm (GMT) 21 hours later and all i am getting is a blue screen saying “Preparing to configure Windows” and spinning dots. is there anyway I can abort the update...
  8. Can't log into win 10, screen frozen

Can't log into win 10, screen frozen: After 1803 update computer worked fine for maybe a day. Now I can't log on, screen is frozen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-log-into-win-10-screen-frozen/645f930e-4a2d-4f1d-bb41-e5be25769f77
  9. Windows 10 computer frozen

Windows 10 computer frozen: My Windows 10 computer suddenly goes frozen after a few minutes. It is frozen forever and my mouse cannot move. My computer is one year old and it is Lenovo ideapad 300 I am not sure whether it was a Windows 10 update which caused this or whether theres a virus (Im pretty...
  10. Login Screen - Frozen Forcing Hard Reboot

Login Screen - Frozen Forcing Hard Reboot: On two separate occasions over the past month (the last being 2018-02-27 around 1830hrs), I've locked my computer using the Windows+L option only to return to find it frozen. I use Dell's Security Tools (DDP Console) on my Precision 3520 laptop for FIPS fingerprint...