Windows 10: Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before I say anything, I would like to give a note for all the people who are kind enough to help me with my issue; Windows Key + *insert letter here*... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cakiepop, May 1, 2019.

1. cakiepop Win User

Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

Before I say anything, I would like to give a note for all the people who are kind enough to help me with my issue; Windows Key + *insert letter here* commands DO NOT WORK! So if you take time out of your day to help me, just know that any commands that involve the Windows Key don't do anything.

I don't know when or how this happened. I was just fine scrolling on, like, Pinterest or whatever and watching Youtube videos. I don't download anything or go to any shifty websites and one day I woke up and the taskbar wasn't working. I click on it, nothing happens. It doesn't even glitch out or "Not Respond" to show me it's still alive in there. I can't even be like, "Hey, Cortana, wth???" because she doesn't respond either! I tried the Ctrl + Shift + Esc, restart Windows Explorer method. It just made my taskbar a brighter shade of purple. Or not. I can't see many differences in it so I guess my brain is looking for some sort of improvement on my predicament.

If this helps any of you find out what was wrong, Chrome and Microsoft Edge as slow as molasses. They bug out and freeze, take five years to load, and honestly remind me of when I had Windows Vista as a child. EVERY outlet to the internet- as long as it needs to connect to the internet- is slow and buggy. Things like Minecraft and FireAlpaca open and load just fine as long as they don't connect to the internet. I have to write this on my laptop because my computer is so broken I can't even open a help forum like this without waiting for loading times of up to 10 minutes to just OPEN Chrome.

Sorry for the essay, I just wanted to get into specifics so that nobody wastes their time writing out how to help only to be confronted with, "Yeah, that key isn't responding," or "It takes approximately fifty years for that page to fully load."

- Lili

:)

cakiepop, May 1, 2019

2. having a problem with Windows 10 taskbar. help needed,

It's still happening after i have done the above mentioned steps. I was running FireFox, I had 3 tabs open. 2 were Newegg.com, 1 was TPU. Closing them did NOT resolve the issue. Im starting to think that this is being caused by a windows process. notifications are entirely off too. FFS, this is really annoying.

***edit***
    I tried This fix, and im Hoping it will work.
    RAN=elevated PowerShell\Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}\Enter\fingers Crossed *Wink Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar ;)

I Also installed "start10" and customised the start Menu, and Added a proper start button. Still no frozen taskbar, and its been Far longer than it normally takes until it used to happen.

jboydgolfer, May 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10, Taskbar frozen

Hi Richard,

There are multiple reasons why Windows Taskbar freezes. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm if you have already tried
    restarting Windows Explorer as suggested by ArchitKhandelwal on
    February 8, 2017. If the issue persists, you can follow the methods provided below:

Method 1: Use Powershell

Use the Powershell command to unfreeze the frozen taskbar by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the
    Windows logo key + R.

2. Type
    powershell
    in the Run dialog box.

3. Hit
    Enter

4. Type the following command line:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}.

5. Hit
    Enter

Take note that you have to enable the Windows Firewall before performing the task above. Here are the steps on how to check if the Windows Firewall was enabled:

1. Open
    Task Manager

2. Click
    More Details

3. Select the
    Services tab.

4. Make sure that
    MpsSvc, also described as Windows Firewall, is running.

Method 2: Enable the User Manager.

A disabled User Manager sometimes results in a frozen Windows taskbar. To re-enable the User Manager, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold
    Windows logo key + R.

2. Type
    services.msc

3. Double-click the
    User Manager.

4. Set the
    Startup type
    to Automatic.

5. Hit
    OK

6. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Disable Recently Opened Items.

Disabling the recently opened items helps to speed up the list launch. To disable items that are recently opened, follow the instruction below:

1. Go to
    Settings

2. Select
    Personalization

3. Click
    Start

4. Slide the toggle button beside
    Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Star or the taskbar to turn it off.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, May 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

Windows 10, Taskbar frozen

i have tried all above solution but the problem still exists. please help....Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar :(

Mughal Zaheer Ud Din, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

1. Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar - Similar Threads - Frozen Taskbar

2. Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep: After some googling, I see this issue has existed for a number of years now, but yet to find an actual fix rather than a very limiting workaround.Issue:Lock the computer and wait for it to sleepWake the computerLogin, and you'll find the task bar is visible, but unresponsive....
  3. Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep: After some googling, I see this issue has existed for a number of years now, but yet to find an actual fix rather than a very limiting workaround.Issue:Lock the computer and wait for it to sleepWake the computerLogin, and you'll find the task bar is visible, but unresponsive....
  4. Windows Taskbar Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Taskbar Frozen: My Windows Taskbar is frozen, when i cant click anywhere, shortcuts like Windows + K dont work, i have tried some methods like Ctrl + Shift + Esc than do a lot of stuff... they worked, for like 3 minutes, than it freezes again...
  5. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  6. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  7. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work

Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work: Every 2 days or so, the taskbar would freeze. When that happens, I can't click on application icons in the taskbar, tab between applications using Alt + Tab, or open Task Mgr with Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Edge also stops loading websites every tab becomes a blank page. Basically,...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work: Every 2 days or so, the taskbar would freeze. When that happens, I can't click on application icons in the taskbar, tab between applications using Alt + Tab, or open Task Mgr with Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Edge also stops loading websites every tab becomes a blank page. Basically,...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization