Windows 10: Windows 10 Frozen upon waking up for sleep mode.

Discus and support Windows 10 Frozen upon waking up for sleep mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So when I boot my computer up it is fine. If I leave it sit for awhile and allow it to go into sleep mode when I go to wake it back up, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CryssyLee, Jul 30, 2017.

1. CryssyLee Win User

Windows 10 Frozen upon waking up for sleep mode.

Hi,

So when I boot my computer up it is fine. If I leave it sit for awhile and allow it to go into sleep mode when I go to wake it back up, nothing will respond. You try and click on something to open it, no response. I have tried to do control alt delete and it will come up with a message "Windows Failed to load start up and security options." It wont even let me load the screen to choose to reboot or open the task manager. This is a problem that started 2 days ago. Until then the computer was working fine. I haven't downloaded anything new. The computer is about 5 years old. I thought maybe it was a hardware problem not being recent enough to work with windows 10, but like i said it just started out of no where and it does work fine if I reboot it. It only stops responding after it goes to sleep and tries to wake up.

I am some what tech savvy and can usually figure things out. However when it comes to specs, operating systems, background processes, ect. I am not 100% sure what is what.

Any suggestions or any more information that you think I can get to help would be great.

Thanks for your help!

:)

CryssyLee, Jul 30, 2017
  2. sokart Win User

nokia lumia 2520 two observed bugs

The tablet is frozen in sleep mode also. I am pressing the home button and it is vibrating but it cannot wake up. The only solution again is to hold the power button!!!!

sokart, Jul 30, 2017
  3. MSuser89 Win User
    computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Jul 30, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Run the power state report. S3 state may not be telling the bios that it needs to wake up when the IRQ for the mouse or keyboard is triggered. Turn off Hibernate if enabled in the command window by powercfg /hibernate off . Run in command powercfg -energy (make sure you cd to your Documents folder, otherwise it will save to your c:/windows/system32 folder.

bro67, Jul 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Frozen upon waking up for sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Frozen upon waking

2. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  3. Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep

Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep: As of a few days ago, Windows stopped asking me for a password when the computer wakes up from sleep. Basically, I leave my computer and it times out, goes to sleep, and then when I press a key or click the mouse it no longer asks me for my password. How do I fix this?...
  4. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  5. Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode): I'm having some weird sleeping patterns in my sleep recently, I really need to set an alarm. So I was wondering, how do I set an alarm which plays during sleep mode? if not, how do I set up my PC to wake up at a certain time, then play an alarm shortly after? (My PC has a...
  6. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  7. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  8. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  9. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  10. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on: I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.*...