Windows 10: Windows 10 FTP Isolation

Discus and support Windows 10 FTP Isolation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings all, I set up an FTP site on my Windows 10 Pro Feature 1909. There is one FTP directory where I’m using Filezilla to upload/download files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HowardR350, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 FTP Isolation

Greetings all, I set up an FTP site on my Windows 10 Pro Feature 1909. There is one FTP directory where I’m using Filezilla to upload/download files which is working just file.

However I would like to add another user to my Windows 10 computer and also give that user the ability to use FTP but I don’t want that user to be able to see the files in my FTP directory. It would then appear I would need FTP isolation working on this machine.

I can’t find any online instructions how to include/install FTP Isolation in Windows 10.

Do I have to destroy my current FTP setup up and redo it in order to include FTP Isolation or is there some other way to get around this?

Any help would be appreciated. Online website instructions would be very helpful. Thanks all.

PS: I have Windows Server 2003 running on another machine with FTP Isolation active but I can't relate those setup instructions to Windows 10 and where in the setup process the Isolation can be setup.

:)

HowardR350, Feb 9, 2020

2. FTP not accepting password in Windows 10

This site provides step by step guide to getting ftp setup in windows 10

How to Run a FTP Server on Windows 10

Jmarco0921, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 FTP Isolation

FTP Client

Does anyone know if there is any way of using FTP with the Kin TWOm? If I try to specify FTP:// in the browser window it tells me it is an unsupported protocol. Oddly, when I go into the service menu there are some FTP parameters in there.

gkamieneski, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 FTP Isolation

1. Windows 10 FTP Isolation - Similar Threads - FTP Isolation

2. FTP installed as part of IIS on Windows Server 2022 does not seem to support TLS 1.3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FTP installed as part of IIS on Windows Server 2022 does not seem to support TLS 1.3: Hi, I have upgraded several servers to Windows Server 2022, and installed some from scratch.For all it seems as if the FTP service installed as part of the IIS on Windows Server 2022 does not support TLS 1.3.The maximum version I can get working is TLS 1.2.Do anyone know if,...
  3. FTP installed as part of IIS on Windows Server 2022 does not seem to support TLS 1.3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FTP installed as part of IIS on Windows Server 2022 does not seem to support TLS 1.3: Hi, I have upgraded several servers to Windows Server 2022, and installed some from scratch.For all it seems as if the FTP service installed as part of the IIS on Windows Server 2022 does not support TLS 1.3.The maximum version I can get working is TLS 1.2.Do anyone know if,...
  4. Why won't windows 11 let me change default ftp to my ftp program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't windows 11 let me change default ftp to my ftp program: I use WinSCP as my default ftp handler but when I try to set it as default in Settings>Default Apps it will only allow me to use MS Edge. How can I fix this?...
  5. Why won't windows 11 let me change default ftp to my ftp program

Why won't windows 11 let me change default ftp to my ftp program: I use WinSCP as my default ftp handler but when I try to set it as default in Settings>Default Apps it will only allow me to use MS Edge. How can I fix this?...
  6. Problem opening video files from external hard drive shared via FTP network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem opening video files from external hard drive shared via FTP network: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...
  7. Problem opening video files from external hard drive shared via FTP network

Problem opening video files from external hard drive shared via FTP network: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...
  8. Problem opening video files from external hard drive shared via FTP network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Problem opening vide files from external hard drive shared via FTP network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem opening vide files from external hard drive shared via FTP network: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...
  10. Problem opening vide files from external hard drive shared via FTP network

Problem opening vide files from external hard drive shared via FTP network: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...