Windows 10: Windows 10 - Full Pc Crash/shutdown only when playing Rocket League? (Event Log Attached)

Discus and support Windows 10 - Full Pc Crash/shutdown only when playing Rocket League? (Event Log Attached) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, over the past few weeks I have noticed that my computer will crash very suddenly without any early on signs when I play Rocket League and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ian Driscoll, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Full Pc Crash/shutdown only when playing Rocket League? (Event Log Attached)

Hi, over the past few weeks I have noticed that my computer will crash very suddenly without any early on signs when I play Rocket League and only Rocket League. No other game I play has every caused me to have a full pc reboot. Basically, after anywhere from 2 minutes to a few hours of playing my game will freeze on my screen followed by either a white screen and then a restart or a rapid flashing of colors on my screen and then a restart. A few things I have tried are:

-Updating graphics drivers

-Disabling certain audio devices

-Verifying game files on steam

-Setting CPU priority to high

-Downclocking GPU to even numbers (suggested from steam forum)

Considering that I can run the game fine besides this crash and that all other applications I've had have caused no issues I'm starting to run out of ideas. The error the event log gives me right before the game crashes is attached here. All help is appreciated. Windows 10 - Full Pc Crash/shutdown only when playing Rocket League? (Event Log Attached) 21c2e65f-0acf-4953-97c7-37f1695340b3?upload=true.png

:)

Ian Driscoll, Oct 8, 2018
  2. anusuyak Win User

Rocket League

I recently bought rocket league. So, I found out that rocket league was only for my Xbox 1, and was not playable for my computer. I really just wanted to play it on my pc. I am requesting for a refund please, as I cannot play it.

Thanks,

Anusuya

anusuyak, Oct 8, 2018
  3. toar4ever Win User
    PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch

Hi people,

Lately I've been having a major issue with my PC, it completely freezes while playing games like Rocket League and Overwatch. My PC just completely freezes and the audio also hangs. The only way to reboot my PC is to turn it off, wait 10-15 seconds and boot it up again.

Full PC Setup:

• GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970
    • CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz
    • Motherboard: Sapphire PureBlack X58

The strange thing then is: My GPU driver sometimes also completely disappears. I'm left with a 640x480 display and have to install a driver again, unless I reboot and then the old driver re-appears.

A list of things I've done:
    • Checked OpenHardwareMonitor to see temperatures, they are nothing out of the ordinary
    • Installed multiple different versions of nVidia GPU drivers (most recent ones, a few from half year back)
    • Clean installed those drivers as well, using Display Driver Uninstaller
    • Cleanly installed Windows 10 Pro because I read some stuff about problems with the Anniversary Update (AU).
    • Stress tested CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD all for at least 20 minutes, none of which caused me to crash

In the Event Viewer it shows an Event 17 WHEA-Logger:
    None of my freezes created a BSOD and didn't create a dump, until today after 2 freezes in the afternoon that created 2 dump files. I've provided the logzip in the attached files which should contain all the needed files.
    If anyone has any suggestions to what it could be that would be highly appreciated!

Edit 1: Updated Windows 10 to Build 1607 and reuploaded a new zip file
    Attachment 96945

Kind regards,

toar4ever, Oct 8, 2018
  4. toar4ever Win User

Windows 10 - Full Pc Crash/shutdown only when playing Rocket League? (Event Log Attached)

PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch

Oh yeah the testing. I've ran:
    MemTest86 (1 hour)
    HeavyLoad (45 minutes)
    FurMark (40 minutes)
    3DMark (Full Benchmark test, around 30 minutes)

None of those crashed me at those times, but I could usually force a PC Freeze within 10 minutes by just playing Overwatch/DOTA2/Rocket League/CS:GO. But now I even randomly freeze in Windows at the moment.

toar4ever, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Full Pc Crash/shutdown only when playing Rocket League? (Event Log Attached)

1. Windows 10 - Full Pc Crash/shutdown only when playing Rocket League? (Event Log Attached) - Similar Threads - Full Crash shutdown

2. Rocket League Keeps Crashing Randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rocket League Keeps Crashing Randomly.: I just did a fresh install of windows 11 I deleted everything during the install. I have downloaded Rocket League and it keeps crashing. Here is the event log. - System - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Version 0 Level 2 Task 100 Opcode 0...
  3. Rocket League Keeps Crashing Randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rocket League Keeps Crashing Randomly.: I just did a fresh install of windows 11 I deleted everything during the install. I have downloaded Rocket League and it keeps crashing. Here is the event log. - System - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Version 0 Level 2 Task 100 Opcode 0...
  4. I still can't play rocket league :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I still can't play rocket league :: I really need help with my game rocket league, I have the latest drivers for AMD on Windows 11, also the latest version & I tried to play on Steam but it doesn't work, then I tried this following options: 1. Verify the integrity files.2. Uninstall & install it again.3. Run...
  5. Rocket League freezing or crashing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Rocket League freezing or crashing on Windows PC: [IMG]Rocket League is a popular game! Reportedly, the game is not working for some on their Windows 11/10 computers. If Rocket League is freezing or crashing on your computer, then follow the solutions mentioned here to resolve the issue. Why is Rocket League freezing and...
  6. BSOD while playing Rocket League

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Rocket League: Hello. I had a BSOD while I was playing Rocket League: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I also had Discord opened with a stream. I suspect that maybe it's something with the cpu driver, but I am not sure. Can you guys help me interpret this dump file? Thank you. Microsoft R...
  7. Rocket League crashes my PC because of DCOM Event ID 10016?

Rocket League crashes my PC because of DCOM Event ID 10016?: So I looked in Event Viewer and I get this warning when I start/close the game: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID...
  8. PC Completely Freezes while playing Rocket League only

PC Completely Freezes while playing Rocket League only: There was a very similar post about this issue, however my issue looks different as I wasn't able to solve it. Here is that post: PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch Solved - Windows 10 Forums I followed some of the instructions there, ran the Driver Verifier, I...
  9. BSOD playing Rocket League, ARK

BSOD playing Rocket League, ARK: Hello everyone, I've been facing some issues while playing games for a while and now it is becoming more often. Sometimes when I was playing Rocket League or Albion Online, the entire computer did freeze and I had to force reboot, this was not so frequent and it was...
  10. PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch

PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch: Hi people, Lately I've been having a major issue with my PC, it completely freezes while playing games like Rocket League and Overwatch. My PC just completely freezes and the audio also hangs. The only way to reboot my PC is to turn it off, wait 10-15 seconds and boot it...