Windows 10: Windows 10 Full Reset or Reinstallation and Checking Hardware Status Questions

Discus and support Windows 10 Full Reset or Reinstallation and Checking Hardware Status Questions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I finish graduate school, I plan to wipe the slate clean on my computer and start fresh with my computer needs. These include setting up a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John_115, May 5, 2019.

1. John_115 Win User

Windows 10 Full Reset or Reinstallation and Checking Hardware Status Questions

After I finish graduate school, I plan to wipe the slate clean on my computer and start fresh with my computer needs. These include setting up a new email account, starting over with my music collection and music and streaming apps, and deleting files, folders, and programs that are either redundant or no longer necessary. In short, I want to delete everything on my computer and start over as if my computer were brand new. In case this information is necessary, my computer is a desktop that I built myself. My two questions are:

1. How do I reset my computer to wipe everything on the current setup and reinstall Windows 10 as if the computer were brand new? Can this be done through the Windows 10 Reset feature or would I actually have to remove Windows 10 from my computer?

2. After reinstalling Windows 10, I would like to check the health status of my computer's hardware (motherboard, HDDs, SSDs, USB ports, etc.). I am not talking about going to super advanced details, but at least general details or information that could tell me if Windows 10 is detecting any hardware problems. Which program(s) and/or command(s) can I use to find this information. Since my computer is a couple years old, I wish to check the status of my hardware before I begin the time consuming task of reinstalling software and re-ripping my music library.

Thanks.

:)

John_115, May 5, 2019
  2. Caring1 Win User

Having random resets on Windows 10

I would suggest trying another PSU.
    It appears to me it cuts out under load.
    Use CPUID HWMonitor to check voltages while running at idle, then load.
    Not resetting while in BIOS, does not mean Hardware isn't to blame, it only shows basic drivers and hardware are functioning correctly.

Caring1, May 5, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Full Reset or Reinstallation and Checking Hardware Status Questions

WHEN WILL MICROSOFT HAVE UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 10 SOLITAIRE COLLECTION TO RESET STATISTICS?

Hello Brette,

Thank you for responding back and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on this link http://forums.xbox.com/?xr=shellnav
    • Click on box under “Find a Topic or Ask a Question” and type your question(for e.g.: reset statistics.)
    • Place cursor on suggestion listed and select appropriate search result

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, we would be glad to help you further.

Ravindra Kamath, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Full Reset or Reinstallation and Checking Hardware Status Questions

1. Windows 10 Full Reset or Reinstallation and Checking Hardware Status Questions - Similar Threads - Full Reset Reinstallation

2. Key Status Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key Status Check: HII wanted to know that, is any way to check Microsoft activation key will activate without any errors before activation on the PC. I use Microsoft PID Checker but it only shows its OEM or RETAIL. I wanted to check the status of the key, before the activation it will work...
  3. Key Status Check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key Status Check: HII wanted to know that, is any way to check Microsoft activation key will activate without any errors before activation on the PC. I use Microsoft PID Checker but it only shows its OEM or RETAIL. I wanted to check the status of the key, before the activation it will work...
  4. Question on reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on reinstalling Windows 10: I have two kids for whom I bought identical Thinkpads about 6 months ago.A couple of days ago, after some type of update, my son’s laptop started having issues. It would overheat and constantly crash/reboot. This is not a dust issue, as I opened up the back and checked. I...
  5. Question on reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question on reinstalling Windows 10: I have two kids for whom I bought identical Thinkpads about 6 months ago.A couple of days ago, after some type of update, my son’s laptop started having issues. It would overheat and constantly crash/reboot. This is not a dust issue, as I opened up the back and checked. I...
  6. Question on reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Full reinstall or reset without saving data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full reinstall or reset without saving data?: My pc has too much trash as of now so I'd like to know which will work best without me wasting time, since I just want a pretty much clean state of my system for it to be fast again submitted by /u/SandeMC [link] [comments]...
  8. Full Windows reinstall

Full Windows reinstall: I wish to remove everything on my PC and reinstalling Windows from scratch with a boot media. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-windows-reinstall/face2874-c822-4d7a-9ef1-fe9e0f51b47f
  9. How to check status of an application installation on Windows 10?

How to check status of an application installation on Windows 10?: I have an application exe file that does not appear to be completing the install process. How do I check the status of the installation process on a Windows 10 system?...
  10. Check BitLocker Drive Encryption Status in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check BitLocker Drive Encryption Status in Windows 10: How to: Check BitLocker Drive Encryption Status in Windows 10 How to Check Status of BitLocker Drive Encryption for Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...