Windows 10: Windows 10 full virus scan shutting down

Discus and support Windows 10 full virus scan shutting down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the last few months, my laptop has shut down when I do a full or custom scan. The quick scan and offline scan are fine and don't show any threats or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kalouari, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Kalouari Win User

Windows 10 full virus scan shutting down

In the last few months, my laptop has shut down when I do a full or custom scan. The quick scan and offline scan are fine and don't show any threats or viruses but any deep scan of all or a single drive goes for hours and then shuts down about 3/4 of the way through.

:)

Kalouari, Mar 10, 2020

2. Virus/Windows error

I could be wrong. I use bitdeffender and I'm sure they have a way to scan the computer with out physically booting into windows I sometimes also use malwarebytes and I'm sure they have that type of way to. I highly suggest trying both even if just save mode.

Their is another way.

Take out his haRd drive plug it into yours as external and If you can then have the drive show on your pc. Scan that drive with yours then boom! ! Bye bye virus!

SanityGaming, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2020
  4. oemSoft Win User

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 full virus scan shutting down - Similar Threads - full virus scan

2. My computer shut down itself during defender full scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer shut down itself during defender full scan: I just bought a full set of computer and did all the test, including the stress test and I don't think shutting itself is related with the heat.I tested for few times, whenever I hit fullscan, at the exact 35th seconds both computer and monitor shut itself....
  3. My computer shut down itself during defender full scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shut down itself during defender full scan: I just bought a full set of computer and did all the test, including the stress test and I don't think shutting itself is related with the heat.I tested for few times, whenever I hit fullscan, at the exact 35th seconds both computer and monitor shut itself....
  4. My computer shut down itself during defender full scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  6. shortcut to full anti-virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shortcut to full anti-virus scan: Dear Community,Thanks for reading the question I have. In order to save a lot of time, I would like to make a shortcut to a full anti-virus scan in Windows 10. I have tried the following link,instructions to short cut and can get through steps 1 through 5. But when it asks me...
  7. Windows Defender Full Scan causes PC to shut down once completed

Windows Defender Full Scan causes PC to shut down once completed: I have scheduled a weekly full scan via the Task Scheduler which has been working well for months but for the last two weeks my PC shuts down following completion of the scan, the task scheduler shows the scan has compIeted but the results do not show in the Windows Defender...
  8. Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan

Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan: Twice now I have attempted to run a full scan and both times I return to check on the computer and it has shut down. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-defender-shuts-down-computer-when/35a5674d-782c-4143-87ea-03a1aec22d58
  9. Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan

Windows 10 Defender shuts down computer when trying to run a full scan: Twice now I have attempted to run a full scan and both times I return to check on the computer and it has shut down. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defender-shuts-down-computer-when/35a5674d-782c-4143-87ea-03a1aec22d58
  10. Windows 10 shuts down while a McAfee full scan is in progress.

Windows 10 shuts down while a McAfee full scan is in progress.: How can a Windows 10 shut down be prevented while a McAfee full virus scan is in progress? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-down-while-a-mcafee-full-scan-is/9ea5d863-0dcc-4577-99be-6ec210b73a49"