Windows 10: Windows 10 Function Buttons

Discus and support Windows 10 Function Buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, for some reason, my function buttons (like increasing/decreasing volume) only work when I DON'T press the function key, and this like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OmegaUprising, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Function Buttons

Hi,

for some reason, my function buttons (like increasing/decreasing volume) only work when I DON'T press the function key, and this like fullscreen/f11 only work when I press the function button, can someone tell me how to switch them back, cause I don't know how they started doing this in the first place.

Edit: Just used troubleshoot on my keyboard and it detects no problems

:)

OmegaUprising, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows button not function

Hello Wan,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing functionality issues in Windows 10 after a recent Windows update.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Note: Remember to close all the applications before you run the above Powershell command.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Function Buttons

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Function Buttons

1. Windows 10 Function Buttons - Similar Threads - Function Buttons

2. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  3. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  4. changing the function of the printscreen button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the function of the printscreen button: Hi,On my laptop, if I press the Print Screen button, it opens the Snipping Tool, but on my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, if I press the Print Screen button, it directly opens the window in which I can draw the area I want to select. It then also directly copies the image into...
  5. changing the function of the printscreen button

changing the function of the printscreen button: Hi,On my laptop, if I press the Print Screen button, it opens the Snipping Tool, but on my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, if I press the Print Screen button, it directly opens the window in which I can draw the area I want to select. It then also directly copies the image into...
  6. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  7. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  8. How can I control music playback and pause functionality using the earphone button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I control music playback and pause functionality using the earphone button: How can I control music playback and pause functionality using the earphone button on the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 while I'm listening to music using the Remax RM-512 earphone? It's a new earphone, and the earphone button is working properly on my phone, and its button is able...
  9. How can I control music playback and pause functionality using the earphone button

How can I control music playback and pause functionality using the earphone button: How can I control music playback and pause functionality using the earphone button on the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 while I'm listening to music using the Remax RM-512 earphone? It's a new earphone, and the earphone button is working properly on my phone, and its button is able...
  10. I have a logitech K8000 keyboard and the function buttons for office do not work. Is there...

I have a logitech K8000 keyboard and the function buttons for office do not work. Is there...: I have a logitech K8000 keyboard and the function buttons for office do not work. Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-logitech-k8000-keyboard-and-the-function/17daadb8-c88f-4af5-afba-99718d049164