Windows 10: Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, I require some help for something that plagues me for 2 months now. I have bought a new PC recently, going for 4 months. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raúl Bugalho, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes

Hello there, I require some help for something that plagues me for 2 months now.

I have bought a new PC recently, going for 4 months.

I have been experiencing a random crash on it that I don't really know how to fix or how to approach, or even find the root cause.

Basically, I can spend hours, days, weeks even, without a problem on it. I can do all the things I want, work, play games, view videos, etc... However, sometimes, out of the blue, I start noticing that the clock on my PC stopped, after I press on it only the calendar window appears, but without showing the calendar itself; If I try to turn off the PC, I can select the option, but the PC won't turn off;

I can try to open Chrome and other apps, but nothing opens. I go to the task manager, it opens just fine, but the functions are all frozen. Can't see the RAM or Temperature oscilating can't even terminate tasks.

As minutes go by, other funtions start to completely halt and don't respond to anything. I won't even be able to press the windows button to select the PC to turn off anymore.

If I have music or a video running, the PC will continue to project it's sound without a problem, however the image of the video will be still and the wifi will stop working as well later on.

Basically the PC will begin to shut down one by one all of its functions until I can no longer move my mouse and the screen freezes entirely, which makes me force a restart and then... the PC will be just fine. And will continue to be fine for another period until it decides to randomly do this again.

I already tried to look up some fixes like using a SFC Scan on the Command Prompt and it did detect some errors, however this never seemed to fix it.

I tried to see if there was a pattern, if I pressed something or opened a certain APP which would start this but no: it seems completely random as there was one time I accidentally turned my PC on and forgot to turn it off and after I returned to do so, a couple of hours later, the PC Screen was frozen and the hour it displayed was one hour ago.

I am a complete layman here, and have no idea what to do. I really wanted to avoid taking it to the warranty after only 4 months, but if there isn't a fix for this, then I shall be forced to do so.

SPECS If it helps:

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz

RAM: 8,00 GB

Thank you for your time and help.

:)

Raúl Bugalho, Feb 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes

1. Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes - Similar Threads - functions randomly stop

2. How to make halo 1 stop freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make halo 1 stop freezing?: I have been playing halo 1 for a bit now and all of the sudden its now starting to freeze every 3 seconds and unfreeze consitisntaly. I have good wifi and my computer is not being overwhelmed and I have tried trying the game on anti cheat disabled but nothing is helping. What...
  3. How to make halo 1 stop freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make halo 1 stop freezing?: I have been playing halo 1 for a bit now and all of the sudden its now starting to freeze every 3 seconds and unfreeze consitisntaly. I have good wifi and my computer is not being overwhelmed and I have tried trying the game on anti cheat disabled but nothing is helping. What...
  4. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly: This event occurred even when my '1' button was still functioning well. Then suddenly the '1' button didn't work anymore, but the '1' spamming still happened from time to time. The most common times this problem will occur are:1. when I started my laptop, it will spam '1'...
  5. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

'1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly: This event occurred even when my '1' button was still functioning well. Then suddenly the '1' button didn't work anymore, but the '1' spamming still happened from time to time. The most common times this problem will occur are:1. when I started my laptop, it will spam '1'...
  6. Annoying occasional freezes - WHEA Event 1 on random occasions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying occasional freezes - WHEA Event 1 on random occasions?: Hi!I have an annoying issue with my PC. I built it last summer. It was fine for like 1-1.5 months, then one time it completely froze after starting. The mouse and the keyboard did nothing, the screen showed the last thing that was on it that moment. Since the peripherals...
  7. Annoying occasional freezes - WHEA Event 1 on random occasions?

Annoying occasional freezes - WHEA Event 1 on random occasions?: Hi!I have an annoying issue with my PC. I built it last summer. It was fine for like 1-1.5 months, then one time it completely froze after starting. The mouse and the keyboard did nothing, the screen showed the last thing that was on it that moment. Since the peripherals...
  8. Computer freezes every 1~

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes every 1~: I recently downloaded windows 10 from windows 7 on my desktop after 7 years of having it. Ever since, there have been short half a second freezes about every 1 second or so and I’ve tried everything. I re installed windows 10 and that worked for a while but now I’m back. I’ve...
  9. My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.: For a few weeks now, my PC has been getting slower and slower, and I'm not really sure why considering it is only a year old. Very recently, everything has stopped working. First, my sound got destroyed, and I can't hear any sound with my headphones on or not (and no, it's...
  10. random 1 second freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    random 1 second freezes: I installed windows 10 when it came out and have since experienced random 1 second freezes. I then started looking what might cause it and found out that every time my PC freezes systems CPU usage goes up by 20%. I then looked with Process Monitor what is happening and saw it...