Windows 10: Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?

Discus and support Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and have been using the Phone Link app for a while. Suddenly, in the last week or so my contact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert Watling, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?

I am running Windows 10 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and have been using the Phone Link app for a while. Suddenly, in the last week or so my contact information is not appearing with incoming texts, only phone numbers. What happened and what can I do about it. Thank you in advance.

:)

Robert Watling, Nov 25, 2022
  2. MisterEd Win User

windows link question, do I have to use it?

After you plug in your phone into the USB are you seeing it like this?

Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts? [​IMG]

If you then double-click on the phone icon you will see this if the phone is locked

However, if you then double-click on the phone icon you will see this if the phone is unlocked

Since you are running Windows 10 you should check out the Your Phone app from the Microsoft app store. This app only supports a limited number of phones but my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and your Samsung Galaxy A51 are supported.

With this app you can do the following on your Windows 10 PC:
    • Display phone screen
    • Read Notifications
    • Read Messages
    • Drag and drop photos and screenshots onto PC desktop
    • List apps and run them
    • Make and receive phone calls

MisterEd, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    New Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G Flagship Smartphone

Source: Meet S21 FE 5G: Flagship Smartphone Designed for Fans of All Kinds - Samsung US Newsroom

Brink, Nov 25, 2022
  4. tictag Win User

Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Unable to connect Windows 10 Your Phone app to Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app, error reported: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Step To Recreate

1. Windows 10: Your Phone app, click 'Phone Screen'
    2. Windows 10: Your Phone app, "We need permission to display your phone screen"
    3. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Connected to Your Phone app on <hostname>"
    4. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Accept connection?" > Accept
    5. Windows 10: Your Phone App, ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Points To Note

• Windows 10 device is connected via WiFi to Galaxy S10's WiFi hotspot i.e. tethered
    • Galaxy S10 device is connected to the Internet via the mobile phone network
    • Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app is configured to "Use mobile data"
    • Both Windows 10 Your Phone app and Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app connected to same Microsoft account
    • All other Windows 10 Your Phone app features work flawlessly e.g. Calls, Messages, Photos, Notifications etc

Anyone know how to fix this? Everything else works fine, just this feature is broken.

Troubleshooting

• Updated all apps
    • Updated Windows 10
    • Updated Galaxy S10
    • Uninstalled / reinstalled / reconnected all apps
    • Factory reset Galaxy S10
    • Prayed

Software Versions

Windows 10 Your Phone App v1.20051.93.0

Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows v1.20041.82.0

Screenshots

Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts? 6974c614-df69-4789-a9fd-b25afd72fc51?upload=true.png

tictag, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?

1. Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts? - Similar Threads - Galaxy S21 Phone

2. Phone Link and contact syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link and contact syncing: Phone Link now includes a new feature to sync phone contacts with Microsoft Teams for Life as per What's new and announcements for the Phone Link app - Microsoft Support.If I am already syncing phone contacts with M365/outlook.com, why would I want to turn this new feature...
  3. Phone Link and contact syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link and contact syncing: Phone Link now includes a new feature to sync phone contacts with Microsoft Teams for Life as per What's new and announcements for the Phone Link app - Microsoft Support.If I am already syncing phone contacts with M365/outlook.com, why would I want to turn this new feature...
  4. Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...

Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...: Following recent updates Samsung Galaxy and Windows 11 Phone Link connection between Samsung S21 Ultra and Surface Pro 8 no longer working correctly. Tried complete reset of apps and connection both Phone and Surface Pro.New connection sequence partially works but fails to...
  5. Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link: Samsung Galaxy S21 to Windows Surface Pro Windows 11 Stopped Working After...: Following recent updates Samsung Galaxy and Windows 11 Phone Link connection between Samsung S21 Ultra and Surface Pro 8 no longer working correctly. Tried complete reset of apps and connection both Phone and Surface Pro.New connection sequence partially works but fails to...
  6. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  7. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  8. Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?

Windows 10, Galaxy S21, Phone Link, contacts?: I am running Windows 10 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and have been using the Phone Link app for a while. Suddenly, in the last week or so my contact information is not appearing with incoming texts, only phone numbers. What happened and what can I do about it. Thank you in...
  9. Share contacts with Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share contacts with Phone Link: How does one share the contacts within outlook 365 with the phone link app? I used to get the name of the person when sending SMS via phone link, now I just get the phone number and have to look up who it is.Thank you in advance....
  10. Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just spent an hour trying to get Link your phone to work with Galaxy S21: Wow what a absolutely horrible user experience. After an hour I still can't get it work. From Windows, I click "Add my phone" and this makes me enter a phone number to send a text message to. When I open the text message, it just opens the Google Play store for Microsoft...