Windows 10: Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all

Discus and support Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay, I've tried to use my XBOX One controller multiple times on Windows 10 to no avail. Same goes for my PS4 controller (using ScpToolKit Drivers).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kot_, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Kot_ Win User

Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all

Okay, I've tried to use my XBOX One controller multiple times on Windows 10 to no avail. Same goes for my PS4 controller (using ScpToolKit Drivers).

Every time I open the game controllers settings, the window just stops responding and never responds.

:)

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all

1. Windows 10: Game controllers not working at all - Similar Threads - Game controllers working

2. Windows 10 Game Controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Game Controllers: I'm currently trying to recalibrate on of my flight simulator peripherals. The issue I'm running in to is that the Set up USB game controllers program just won't respond. It says not responding, then a minute later it's "responding" then I try to go to the calibration page...
  3. Windows 10 Game Controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Game Controllers: I'm currently trying to recalibrate on of my flight simulator peripherals. The issue I'm running in to is that the Set up USB game controllers program just won't respond. It says not responding, then a minute later it's "responding" then I try to go to the calibration page...
  4. Windows 10 Game Controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10

Xbox controller not working in certain games on windows 10: Hello! I recently got a new xbox series S controller to play on my Computer! i have updated the driver and it is working fine, for the most part. It works in rainbow six siege as well as forza horizon 4. but other games like Need for speed heat, payback and most wanted 2012...
  6. Game controller not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game controller not working: My Astro C40 game controller is not working on my PC with Windows 10 Pro 2004 latest version and fully updated. Please help. The device shows up as an audio device. I have tried updating the driver etc. but nothing is working. The controller works on my laptop with a...
  7. Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 volume control doesn't work on all videos: I currently have an old laptop hooked up to the TV to watch stuff on. I have noticed that sometimes videos on VLC aren't affected by me changing the volume within windows. Is it file format related? The TV is connected to a sound bar by an optical cable because the TV is so...
  8. Windows 10 game controller

Windows 10 game controller: I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 a few months ago. Now the controller i use on my PC wont work correctly, all the buttons work but the D-pad does not. Its an old Guillemot pad, is there a way to get it working?...
  9. Game controller not working it was working before.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game controller not working it was working before.: Hi, Iam using bluetooth Gamecontroller it was working fine before suddenly it is not working it is paired and connected too. also it showing 2 GamePad even though only one device is connected. In property it shows like this Calibrate is Disabled and Test tab is not...
  10. Game Controller in Windows 10

Game Controller in Windows 10: Hello, I have a Piranha Fire PC controller for Windows 10. It is supposed to work once it is plugged in but I cannot get the PC to assign a driver for it. I tried to update drivers and also download the ones that Piranha suggested from the Microsoft Store but still cannot use...