Windows 10: Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Discus and support Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to record myself playing a game, but my voice is just way too quiet for some reason. When the game's audio isn't recording, my voice can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kirby gamez, May 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

I'm trying to record myself playing a game, but my voice is just way too quiet for some reason. When the game's audio isn't recording, my voice can be heard, but when the game is recorded, my mic gets way quieter and straight-up inaudible at some points. I have the microphone volume in Game DVR set to 100 and the game to 10, mic is still super quiet. I've boosted my microphone all the way up in the control panel to no avail. This is so strange and so infuriating! Can you guys offer any help or advice?

:)

kirby gamez, May 8, 2019
  2. Helmer.1 Win User

Game DVR Changing microphone

How to change the microphone used for game dvr?

Helmer.1, May 8, 2019
  3. cusman Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Game DVR not recording Microphone

It used to work than some Microsoft updates later it stopped working. I don't often try to record my microphone so I am not sure when.

I have verified my Windows 10 Game DVR Settings

• Record audio when I record a game: On
    • Turn mic on by default when I record: Checked
    • Record game audio only: Off
    • Recorded Video: 60 fps
    • Video quality: High
    • Capture mouse cursor in recordings: Checked

Additionally, I checked the Microphone Privacy Settings

• Allow apps to access your microphone: On
    • Choose which apps can access your microphone: All On except Cortana and Win32WebViewHost (default settings). I tried turning these on but didn't help.

In case it matters, I am using Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset (PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset - Uncharted 4 Limited Edition:Amazon:Video Games). I know the Microphone is working because people I am playing with can hear me just fine. The only issue is Game DVR isn't recording my voice when it is recording both game audio and other player voices.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks

cusman, May 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Game DVR not working

Hi Yashaswini,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Game DVR. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below
    article Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...r-windows-10#8e09088ddd7545719a86dd7399a46d9f

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with Game DVR. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

1. Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet - Similar Threads - Game DVR Microphone

2. Windows 10 GAME DVR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 GAME DVR: Hi, since i updates to the latest windows update Game DVR stops working. I go to settings and click Records game,clips,screenshots.... using game Bar I enable it then I close the settings and open it again and i still have to enable it (keeps resetting) How to fix that?...
  3. Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10: Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when...
  4. Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10: Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when...
  5. Windows 10 Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Game DVR: I have been trying to record clips by using the record last 3 minutes button on my game bar. I have also tried using the Win-Alt-G shortcut. The result that I continue to get is a picture of the game initially but it is frozen and nothing happens. The audio comes through just...
  6. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  7. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  8. GAME DVR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GAME DVR: what IS MOVIE FORMAT FOR GAME DVR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/game-dvr/58a87439-8d23-4c58-9a98-ed68fe690ef6
  9. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: When I try to record clips of my Rocket League Gameplay, they clips are just blank screens with audio. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/game-dvr/eee274d8-61e3-406c-ba19-58d2988dc70c
  10. Microphone extremely quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone extremely quiet: So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet. I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you...