Windows 10: Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Discus and support Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to record myself playing a game, but my voice is just way too quiet for some reason. When the game's audio isn't recording, my voice can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kirby gamez, May 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

I'm trying to record myself playing a game, but my voice is just way too quiet for some reason. When the game's audio isn't recording, my voice can be heard, but when the game is recorded, my mic gets way quieter and straight-up inaudible at some points. I have the microphone volume in Game DVR set to 100 and the game to 10, mic is still super quiet. I've boosted my microphone all the way up in the control panel to no avail. This is so strange and so infuriating! Can you guys offer any help or advice?

:)

kirby gamez, May 8, 2019
  2. Helmer.1 Win User

Game DVR Changing microphone

How to change the microphone used for game dvr?

Helmer.1, May 8, 2019
  3. cusman Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Game DVR not recording Microphone

It used to work than some Microsoft updates later it stopped working. I don't often try to record my microphone so I am not sure when.

I have verified my Windows 10 Game DVR Settings

• Record audio when I record a game: On
    • Turn mic on by default when I record: Checked
    • Record game audio only: Off
    • Recorded Video: 60 fps
    • Video quality: High
    • Capture mouse cursor in recordings: Checked

Additionally, I checked the Microphone Privacy Settings

• Allow apps to access your microphone: On
    • Choose which apps can access your microphone: All On except Cortana and Win32WebViewHost (default settings). I tried turning these on but didn't help.

In case it matters, I am using Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset (PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset - Uncharted 4 Limited Edition:Amazon:Video Games). I know the Microphone is working because people I am playing with can hear me just fine. The only issue is Game DVR isn't recording my voice when it is recording both game audio and other player voices.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks

cusman, May 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Game DVR not working

Hi Yashaswini,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Game DVR. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below
    article Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...r-windows-10#8e09088ddd7545719a86dd7399a46d9f

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with Game DVR. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

1. Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet - Similar Threads - Game DVR Microphone

2. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  3. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  4. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  5. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  6. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  7. Microphone level too quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  8. Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek?

Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek?: Morning masters, I have had a problem with my microphone for a long time, it is too quiet and I can't do anything about it. I use a HyperX Clound Alpha headset, which works without problems (I have tested it on another computer). I connected the headset to the front of...
  9. Windows 10 microphone too quiet.

Windows 10 microphone too quiet.: Hello. I don't remember when exactly but my microphone is barely picking up my voice. Only place where it still catches my voice is teamspeak. But in game parties and when I'm checking the the microphone settings - it barely shows any sound input. I tried getting headset and...
  10. Microphone suddenly too quiet

Microphone suddenly too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone volume too quiet in windows 10

2. microphone not working in planetside 2