Windows 10: WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input

Discus and support WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer specs at the bottom of this post. Also, bare with me--I'm relatively tech ignorant - Issue: For Halo, and Bleeding Edge games, their menus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MSMcCann141, Feb 14, 2020.

1. WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input

Computer specs at the bottom of this post. Also, bare with me--I'm relatively tech ignorant

- Issue: For Halo, and Bleeding Edge games, their menus work fine. Can go into settings, and launch campaigns. Once in the actually game itself tho, when I use any action from my keyboard or mouse i.e. "W" for forward the game freezes. When I release the keyboard/or mouse the game will unfreeze background, audio continues.

I'm not sure where exactly to post this issue so I figured I'd start here.

Also, side issue as a bonus for those exuberant to helping: Youtube has a minor issue as well. Videos will load and play however while it's playing there'll be a half second of pause every 5-10 seconds. Will never just play straight through.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    CPU: IntelR CORETM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 32gb

I have 2 HDMI cables - One into a monitor - One into a 65" Vizio w/ sound bar attached, if that's of any use.

:)

MSMcCann141, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 14, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input

Tablet Input Panel not anywhere to be found

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Tablet PC Input Panel by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Tablet PC Input Panel, and then, in the list of results, tap
      Tablet PC Input Panel

• Tap Tools, and then tap Exit.
    If you don't see the Exit option, do the following:

• Click Tools, and then tap
      Options

• In the Options dialog box, tap the
      Opening tab, clear the For tablet pen input,
      show the icon next to the text box
      and Use the Input Panel tab check boxes, and then tap
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input

1. WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input - Similar Threads - Games freeze whilst

2. Games randomly freezing my inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly freezing my inputs: On my last PC windows 7 and my current pc windows 10 i've had the same problem of games randomly freezing my mouse, keyboard, and headhones. The game still runs, and I can see what's happening still but I can't interact with anything. Even after plugging everything back in,...
  3. Games randomly freezing my inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly freezing my inputs: On my last PC windows 7 and my current pc windows 10 i've had the same problem of games randomly freezing my mouse, keyboard, and headhones. The game still runs, and I can see what's happening still but I can't interact with anything. Even after plugging everything back in,...
  4. Games randomly freezing my inputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer: Hello, I recently fixed one problem I had been having with Windows Defender where it would freeze my computer but suddenly a new problem reared its ugly head. Every time I turn on my computer very soon after it will freeze, my mouse is still able to interact with windows but...
  6. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer: Hello, I recently fixed one problem I had been having with Windows Defender where it would freeze my computer but suddenly a new problem reared its ugly head. Every time I turn on my computer very soon after it will freeze, my mouse is still able to interact with windows but...
  7. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mic detected but not receiving input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  9. Game Input redistributable causing BSOD/Windows 10 to Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Input redistributable causing BSOD/Windows 10 to Freeze: Hi all, Got a new Build not long ago which I invested a lot into. Long story short I started getting computer freezes and with some investigations on my side using the reliability monitor I found that whenever my system crashes it is something to do with the GameInput...
  10. Keyboard Input freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard Input freezing: I am getting a strange experience from the keyboard (integrated into laptop) since upgrading to Win 10. It did not happen immediately after upgrade, but 6 weeks on, its driving me nuts. Here goes - particularly in Gmail, composing or replying emails. I type and then...