Windows 10: Windows 10 Games Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Games Freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I am having a problem with games freezing on my windows 10 pc. The games that have been freezing are GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Leone, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Leone Win User

Windows 10 Games Freezing

Hello. I am having a problem with games freezing on my windows 10 pc. The games that have been freezing are GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and Team Fortress 2. GTA V is working fine without any freezes. if i reboot my pc all games are working fine, the freezing usually happens when the pc have been on for a few hours and happens randomly. the games actually start but is really slow, i can skip the intro cutscenes but after that i cant do anything. I can Ctrl + Alt + Delete and close the games and the pc is working just fine its just the games that wont work. All help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Leone, Sep 10, 2015
  2. Loraine Mon, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Minecraft Issues after I installed the Windows 10 Version 1607 i think it is

If your game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device, you can follow the solutions provided on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Sep 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Make sure have updated your Display Adapter drivers to the newest version.

First 3 games listed are older can be due to incompatibility.
    GTA III is back from 2001, not compatible with Windows 10 most likely, check here compatibility mode.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257657

GTA Vice City... Again possible compatibility problem with older games from 2002, try compatibility mode or settings in game.
    GTA San Andreas 2004 game possible not compatible, seen this from Seven Forums
    http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/23...shes-alot.html
    Team Fortress 2, seems a lot of known issues with freezing up for this games in past.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Team...ress+2+freezes

Using clients like Steam ? Also try verifying game files from Steam App, settings in client can effect certain games, steam overlays in game, try different graphic settings in these games, compatibility modes.Could be missing files within games, patches, DirectX 9. Make sure to keep them updated through the client.

If playing GTA V well which requires decent system, think most else is fine with system.

jds63, Sep 11, 2015
  5. Leone Win User
    I updated to the latest display drivers and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks!

Leone, Sep 12, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    As easy as that, your welcome, glad that worked. Thought for sure those older games had issues besides a driver, except for Team Fortress.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Games Freezing - Similar Threads - Games Freezing

2. Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue: Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue. "The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." How can i resolve this issue? I never use gamebar...
  3. Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue: Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue. "The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." How can i resolve this issue? I never use gamebar...
  4. Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recently my game freezes so i checked Event viewer and found out that gamebar is causing issue

6. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes...
  7. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes...
  8. Laptop freezes while gaming / switching to built-in videocard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes while gaming / switching to built-in videocard: The laptop freezes or reboots tightly during the game / the video card switches to the built-in one Six months ago I discovered a problem. Some not all games freeze suddenly after 5-10 minutes of play. It’s not the game that freezes, it’s the entire laptop that freezes, and...
  9. Laptop freezes while gaming / switching to built-in videocard

Laptop freezes while gaming / switching to built-in videocard: The laptop freezes or reboots tightly during the game / the video card switches to the built-in one Six months ago I discovered a problem. Some not all games freeze suddenly after 5-10 minutes of play. It’s not the game that freezes, it’s the entire laptop that freezes, and...
  10. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...: Hi, so I own an Asus TUF F-15 for over 2 years but since from the start of 2023 I'm getting a random disconnect from wifi, my laptop suddenly like in a freeze like state and usually it will end up with BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've tried using an usb wireless adapter to...