Windows 10: Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update

Discus and support Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Every time I attempt to update my new gaming PC, this is the order of events: 1. The update reaches 30%. 2. The PC goes ahead with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenA7, Jan 8, 2021.

1. BenA7 Win User

Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update

Hello.

Every time I attempt to update my new gaming PC, this is the order of events:

1. The update reaches 30%.

2. The PC goes ahead with the restart.

3. The PC starts but freezes at the bootup, and I can't get to BIOS.

4. I get mad.

5. Remove every USB device I have plugged in keyboard/mouse/WiFi/XBox controller

6. I hard reboot.

7. PC attempts repairs/diagnosis of problem. I find this diagnosis nowhere

8. PC starts up, with update incomplete.

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem here?

I'm running Windows 10 on an Intel Core i7 10700k; MSI z490 Gaming Plus; 32 GB DDR4 RAM; Zotac 8GB Nvidia 2060 super; 1TB M.2 SSD.

Any thoughts on this issue would be great, thank you!

:)

BenA7, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update

Loraine Mon, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update

1. Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update - Similar Threads - Gaming Freezing during

2. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  3. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  4. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  5. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  6. PC freezes during updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC freezes during updates.: I have read all the emails sent about this and the main point I want to make is this - the screen goes blank when the upgrade starts and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do - I cannot power the PC off as the on/off switch does NOTHING and I cannot use ctrl alt delete to...
  7. PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    PC micro-freezing during or after gaming: I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop...
  8. PC Freezes during Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...
  9. Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games

Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games: Hey. *Smile I have been having an issue for a few weeks now where my computer will BSOD or freeze whenever I play certain games. At first I thought it was a specific game (Xcom 2) that was doing it, but it has since started happening while playing other games that...
  10. PC freeze, reset during games

PC freeze, reset during games: I've always had a problem with my PC resetting after turning it on first time. I will reset twice or more random and boot up or BSOD. But now whenever I play games Overwatch, LoL, DOOM it just resets or crashes. Dump files attached. I've vacuumed out, updated drivers too....