Windows 10: Windows 10 Gaming, set what monitor a games start on, permanently.

Discus and support Windows 10 Gaming, set what monitor a games start on, permanently. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been wracking my brain for this. Some games start on the primary monitor all the time. That is great, you are the OS. You should tell the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CalErba, Jul 13, 2020.

1. CalErba Win User

Windows 10 Gaming, set what monitor a games start on, permanently.

I have been wracking my brain for this. Some games start on the primary monitor all the time. That is great, you are the OS. You should tell the game where to start, or I should at least have that option in the OS that I paid for to enable that setting. There is no setting. I am not switching my primary monitor whenever I want to to play a game in 4K 60hzmonitor 2. If I want to play a game in 1440p 144Hzmonitor 1 I have to switch my primary monitor. Being that Windows is such a huge gaming platform for PC and the integration of Xbox, you would thing that you made a setting somewhere in the app list in settings that tells the program what monitor to start on, always. I paid 180 bucks for this Windows 10 license, I am primarily a Linux user, please make it happen, thank you :

If there is a setting like this already built in, guidance on where it is would be located greatly appreciated.

:)

CalErba, Jul 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Gameing

Hi David,

Game Mode is a new feature in the Windows 10 Creators Update that focuses system resources on games when enabled. To help you disable Game Mode, we recommend that you follow the steps below.

Disable Game Mode:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Game Mode.
    • Toggle User Game Mode to turn it off.

You can also disable Game bar and Xbox Monitoring. To proceed, you may follow the steps below.

How to disable Game bar:

• Click Settings.
    • Click Gaming.
    • Click Game bar.
    • Click the switch below Record game clips.
      Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar
      so that it turns Off.

How to disable Xbox Monitoring.:

• Click the Search button.
    • Type regedit and press Enter on your keyboard.
    • Double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
    • Double-click System.
    • Double-click CurrentControlSet.
    • Double-click Services.
    • Click xbgm. You might need to scroll down to find it.
    • Right-click Start REG_DWORD on the right-side pane of the Window.
    • Click Modify.
    • Type 4. (The defaults is 3).
    • Click OK.
    • The Xbox Game Monitoring is not disabled.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 13, 2020
  3. windows 10 microsoft games

if uninstall the game then reinstall the game will I lose all my awards?

rusty wheelchar, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Gaming, set what monitor a games start on, permanently.

The game does not start

Hi,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues launching a game on Windows 10. Here's a list of the common factors:

• The game was not properly installed.
    • There are corrupted profile data associated with the game.
    • There are updates available for the game and the Windows 10 PC.
    • There are software conflicts that occur when running the game.

For us to point you to the best approach in resolving this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried launching other games to check if the same issue occurs?
    • What is the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with games and apps downloaded from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Gaming, set what monitor a games start on, permanently.

1. Windows 10 Gaming, set what monitor a games start on, permanently. - Similar Threads - Gaming set monitor

2. what's the best gaming monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    what's the best gaming monitor?: I'm looking to add a 2nd computer monitor to my setup. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  3. settings for "games"

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings for "games": I am not a gamer but I sometimes go to websites with card games.Should I change the settings for the battery or anything else? I have noticed recently that it runs down faster even though these are not video games.Does gaming refer to video games pretty much?The computer is...
  4. Start a game

Start a game: While I was started a game, It took a mistake. What should I do? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-a-game/c6e3c4e4-8f2a-4331-9a10-669045ae2484
  5. No Gaming Setting

No Gaming Setting: I have installed window 10 home .But the gaming setting dont appear in the window setting .I have aso cheack my window by typing winver command but is also show window 10 home for united states .I have also installted media feathers pack but it dont work any solution for...
  6. Games Starting on Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games Starting on Second Monitor: For some reason, some games just force themselves to run on my second monitor. In the display settings, it is labeled as monitor 2 and monitor 1 is set as the primary. I have also tried Windows+shift+left arrow but that doesn't seem to work. I had no problem with any of this...
  7. Gaming Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Monitor: Hi, I'm looking to get a new monitor as my old one is dated, it must have these features as I have 1 PC and a PS4 so 2 HDMI ports is a must. 2 HDMI ports. 24-27inch screen. FreeSync 1 or 2 (prefer 2). Speakers. Thanks UPDATE - I do like these monitors but i'd need to...
  8. Gaming monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming monitor: I just get a asus VP228HE gaming monitor The monitor does not come with a driver so I downloaded this only driver from asus. When I try to install, it display a msg about digital signature not found and nothing was installed. Can anyone help me ? 125791
  9. Game is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game is not starting: My game FIFA 13 is not working after update. When I click on the game, it starts for a few seconds and crushes. I’m asking you for help because I cannot find the solution anywhere....
  10. Whats Your Suggestion for a Gaming Monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats Your Suggestion for a Gaming Monitor?: I plan to get a gaming desktop with Nvidia 970. I need to buy a good but affordable gaming monitor for it. I got some questions... 1) Is a monitor with 144 Hz really necessary for gaming? Will 60 Hz suffice? 2) Can you recommend a good but very affordable gaming...