Windows 10: Windows 10 Gamma Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Gamma Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Every time my laptop restarts the gamma resets. This is a problem that has existed with my laptop (Acer Aspire) since starting it out of the box.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EfirdT, Apr 23, 2019.

1. EfirdT Win User

Windows 10 Gamma Issues

Hi,

Every time my laptop restarts the gamma resets. This is a problem that has existed with my laptop (Acer Aspire) since starting it out of the box. The gamma is extremely high and is still high even after turning it down to the lowest levels.

Things I have tried and have not worked:

1. Turning off the Windows 10 game bar

2. Turning off Nightlight

3. Updating drivers

4. Installing Windows 10 updates

5. The solutions provided in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-color-calibration-wont-stay-locked-keeps/cfb6115a-9812-440d-9049-d489269ebe45

None of these solutions have solved the issue.

:)

EfirdT, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Cannot change gamma permanently

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This could be due to the scheduled task that is set. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Search for Task Scheduler from the Start menu and open the same.
    • Expand Task Scheduler Library and navigate to
      Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem.
    • On the right pane, right click on the task
      Calibration loader
      and choose Properties.
    • Under Triggers tab, click on
      At Log on
      and On Connection to User Session, and
      uncheck
      the Enabled box.
    • Calibrate Gamma again and restart the machine to see if resets.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Gamma Calibration issue

It didn't do anything. It still instantly resets the gamma to default when I move the slider up to increase gamma or lower gamma, it just sets it to normal gamma even when I save it,

LionOfSteel, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Gamma Issues

Gamma Calibration issue

Hey, I'm trying to change my gamma settings for Rust. And I use the windows "Calibrate Display Color" feature

and I change my gamma, but the moment it changes, it immediately resets back to default settings. My Graphics driver is AMD Radeon. And my computer is a HP Pavilion, with a HP 27xw IPS LED backlit monitor. I've used apps that use gamma calibration and it does
    the same thing where the moment its gamma is changed, the monitor instantly sets it back to normal/default. I need help

LionOfSteel, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Gamma Issues

1. Windows 10 Gamma Issues - Similar Threads - Gamma Issues

2. Windows HLK "DXGI Gamma Ramps" test crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HLK "DXGI Gamma Ramps" test crashes: Hello everyone.I have a problem running "DXGI Gamma Ramps" test with Windows HLK Studio. When I run it, DXGIGammaVM.exe, which contains tests, crashes with Access Violation 0xc0000005. I can also see the following error in HLK log just before crash...
  3. Windows HLK "DXGI Gamma Ramps" test crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HLK "DXGI Gamma Ramps" test crashes: Hello everyone.I have a problem running "DXGI Gamma Ramps" test with Windows HLK Studio. When I run it, DXGIGammaVM.exe, which contains tests, crashes with Access Violation 0xc0000005. I can also see the following error in HLK log just before crash...
  4. Windows HLK "DXGI Gamma Ramps" test crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers: Hello. Several months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard and somehow changed my gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC, go into sleep mode or even open a game, it...
  6. My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers: Hello. Several months ago, my cat sat on my keyboard and somehow changed my gamma setting in a way that I have been unable to properly reset it. Using calibrate display colour, I am able to fix it, but as soon as I restart my PC, go into sleep mode or even open a game, it...
  7. My gamma setting is messed up even after reinstalling graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My monitor`s gamma is messed up after installing the latest drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor`s gamma is messed up after installing the latest drivers: So I installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card 3 days ago before i didnt have any problems like that. All went pretty normal for the first about 30 minutes when I started watching youtube and my whole screen gamma went really low and my screen got really dark...
  9. Screen Gamma issues

Screen Gamma issues: I play an old game and because of that I need to change the gamma settings to help with it's viewing. I have many, many times in the past simply used the "Calibrate display color" function to achieve this. However now it's functionality seems to have changed. In the past when...
  10. Gamma Calibration issue

Gamma Calibration issue: Hey, I'm trying to change my gamma settings for Rust. And I use the windows "Calibrate Display Color" feature and I change my gamma, but the moment it changes, it immediately resets back to default settings. My Graphics driver is AMD Radeon. And my computer is a HP Pavilion,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 gamma control not working

2. fresh install cant adjust gamma

3. Gamma keeps resetting every 10 min

4. resetting gamma,
  5. d2 gamma issues