Windows 10: Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Laptop: G75VW Asus ROG gaming laptop. Hardware: Intel Core i7 -3610QM, 2.3GHz quad-core 12GB Ram NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670M 3GB OS: Originally Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ExecutiveE33, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

Laptop: G75VW Asus ROG gaming laptop.

Hardware:

Intel Core i7 -3610QM, 2.3GHz quad-core

12GB Ram

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670M 3GB

Originally Win7 Home Premium

Upgraded to Win10 Home 1/1/2020

*These problems started after I upgraded to windows 10.

As the title suggests, I manually set my gamma, hue, etc for my laptop's computer screen via the NVIDIA control panel. It looks great. I check "Use NVIDIA settings". As soon as I turn off my computer and turn it back on again, I see my chosen settings and then within about 10 seconds, those settings are overwritten and changed to the default values. I have tried disabling all or as many as I could find microsoft settings which automatically set the profile, but it still gets overwritten. This is in spite of the fact that the "Use NVIDIA settings" is still checked in the control panel and the way I have been getting my settings back is by toggling the "Use NVIDIA settings" check box. If anyone knows ALL possible ways this setting can be overwritten, I could use that as a starting place to make sure all but NVIDIA's settings are disabled.

In addition, a similar problem is occurring with my sound. I have 2 speakers and a built in subwoofer for my laptop. I had to search for a new sound driver because my VIA HD Audio Deck stopped working after the update.

VIA HD Audio Driver:

Package Version 11.11.00.34,

Codec Version VT1802P,

Driver Version 6.0.11.1100

OS Version Windows 10

This works better than nothing, but the sound defaults to only using 2 speakers and ignores the subwoofer which provides a lot of the sound. Initially upon boot, windows recognizes and uses the subwoofer during the windows chime. After logging in, the subwoofer is disabled and back to regular stereo sound instead of the 2.1 channels that I have checked as default. Once again, to fix this I need to manually open the Audio Deck, go to speaker settings and test, recheck the 2.1 channels tick box, then navigate to the sound and readjust my bass subwoofer volume to match my speakers. The strangest thing is that the slidebar for the bass is broken. After sliding, it jumps back to 0, but the actual sound from the subwoofer is left where I moved the slider to even though it doesn't show it thus allowing my computer to use the subwoofer again. The subwoofer is affected by the FN shortcuts FN+F11, FN+F12, etc

I am at a loss for how Win10 is overwriting my "default" settings, but to say the least, it is very annoying. Any and all help will be appreciated.

:)

ExecutiveE33, May 16, 2020
  2. Zoors Win User

Gamma settings error?

Still no idea on this matter?

When I turn off gamma in ATITools 24 beta 8, it will also reset the Catalyst setting everytime ATITools autoloads on powerup.

If I try to set gamma (in my case 1.4) it will be a yellow screen when changing profile in ATI Tool, until you actually enters the gamma part of "Settings" THEN it sets...

Must be a simple solution...

Did you do anything about it in beta 9, Wiz?

Zoors, May 16, 2020
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, May 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

Gamma settings resetting to factory Default when alt tabbing during game play sessions.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad that you choose Windows 10.

I can understand that your computer gamma setting is keep on resetting while you run a game. I appreciate that you have already tried a few troubleshooting steps. Please let me help you resolve your issue.

Gamma is a critical setting that affects luminance and how reds, greens, and blues interact with each other.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which game is causing the issue?
    • Have you tried with a different game?
    • Can you find any notification window while automatically resetting to factory settings?

I suggest you to check the game version and see if it is compatible with Windows 10.
    Click on the below link to check compatibility.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

Please get back to us with the details and updated status. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Aswin_Anand, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

1. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot - Similar Threads - Gamma setting Sound

2. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  3. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  4. Gamma and color settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamma and color settings: My gamma and color settings resets every time I boot up my laptopBut when I click notifications or go to display settings then my gamma and color settings return to normal....
  5. Gamma color setting reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamma color setting reseting: Every time I go to a different tab or open a game the gamma on my monitor resets. It says the same gamma number on the Nvidia control panel but I have to move the bar for the gamma to go back to normal....
  6. Gamma settings on my laptop display resets every time I log in

Gamma settings on my laptop display resets every time I log in: Hello, So every time I start my laptop the gamma is too high and I have to go to advanced display settings and reload calibrations to fix the gamma issue. I have tried everything I could find online from doing all the settings fixes to updating drivers and nothing worked....
  7. Problem with Gamma settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Gamma settings: I have a problem with colors on my screen. My email pages and some other web pages look white. I found out that the gamma setting are too high and made them as low as possible. It helped and the colors got better. But after booting the system the issue gets back. Gammar...
  8. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!: I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly. I tried saving...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Gamma settings keep resetting

Windows 10 Pro - Gamma settings keep resetting: Hi, first of all, I understand this has been asked before - and no, none of the solutions seem to apply to me (like installing new drivers, obviously). Situation: Fresh (!) install of Windows 10 Pro and fresh (!) install of NVIDIA GeForce Drivers, latest versions etc....
  10. Windows 10 sound settings reset permanently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 sound settings reset permanently: Hello i hade a new account for my machine then gave it admin rights yet when i like turn chrome down to 30% volume via settings it will jump back to 100% when i re open chrome or reboot Is there any way to fix that? systemsounds for example just jumps back to 100% instantly...