Windows 10: Windows 10 gets frozen every hour or so. I have to restart to get the system running. Is it...

Discus and support Windows 10 gets frozen every hour or so. I have to restart to get the system running. Is it... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new laptop. I bought it for machine learning purpose, so I have highly powerful specs. My RAM is 32 GB, 1 TB SSD, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karthy257, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Karthy257 Win User

Windows 10 gets frozen every hour or so. I have to restart to get the system running. Is it...

Hi,

I just bought a new laptop. I bought it for machine learning purpose, so I have highly powerful specs. My RAM is 32 GB, 1 TB SSD, and i-5 Quad-Core processor. The company brand is MSI, one of the recommended brands for heavy purpose usage. However, this laptop freezes every hour or so even when browsing or watching YouTube Videos. I have used laptops/computers with weaker specifications, and I had no problems like this. If I force restart it, I get things normal. I have been doing it 5 or 6 times every day, so it is not a one-off thing. I updated the drivers that came up with the laptop. I also updated every Windows updated. Still, I have the same problem. Is it a hardware issue or a software issue? Kindly let me know. If there is a hardware issue, I will return the laptop and get a new brand. Thank you.

:)

Karthy257, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2021
  3. tensone Win User
    Windows system restore - taking 2 hours plus ?

Tried a system restore on 2 occasions today.

First session ran for over 2hrs with the screen saying "Please wait while etc etc".

Read that if runs more than an hour it may be frozen and suggests a hard reset of the device.

The second session is doing the same restoring for 2 hours plus.

Is this expected or an error/fault somewhere on the system causing it run more than an hour etc.

tensone, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 gets frozen every hour or so. I have to restart to get the system running. Is it...

System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 gets frozen every hour or so. I have to restart to get the system running. Is it...

1. Windows 10 gets frozen every hour or so. I have to restart to get the system running. Is it... - Similar Threads - gets frozen every

2. My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs: My laptop got the update KB5030310 two days ago. Since then, it always gets screen freezing after approximately 1 hour of use and some minutes later it turns to blue screen what says Windows is restarting as I remember. I have checked several times but there has been no...
  3. My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen get frozen every time my Laptop runs: My laptop got the update KB5030310 two days ago. Since then, it always gets screen freezing after approximately 1 hour of use and some minutes later it turns to blue screen what says Windows is restarting as I remember. I have checked several times but there has been no...
  4. Getting windows ready every restart,

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting windows ready every restart,: Hello, I just wanna know why is this happening on my laptop. My laptop always do gettinf windows ready every restart and it always take atleast an hour or two before it restarts....
  5. Getting windows ready every restart,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready every restart,: Hello, I just wanna know why is this happening on my laptop. My laptop always do gettinf windows ready every restart and it always take atleast an hour or two before it restarts....
  6. Getting windows ready every restart,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I get a windows 10 update every hour, why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get a windows 10 update every hour, why?: I get a windows 10 update and health report every hour, which grinds away at my hard disk for no reason, irrespective of active hours.The only way I have found to stop it, is to disable it in tasks, and enable it the next day and do a manual update.Surely this a fault that is...
  8. BDOS every hour or so

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BDOS every hour or so: Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this with similar specs, as it sounds like people are being impacted differently. My research tells me the Blue Screening, which produces the " Critical_Process_Died " error code, may be caused by one of the recent Windows...
  9. have been getting Blue screens every hour to a couple of hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    have been getting Blue screens every hour to a couple of hours: Ive been getting blue screens every hour to a few hours seem to have started after i updated windows i did a fresh install that did nothing. i dont have anything over clocked, all my drivers all updated to their current i would be watching a video and bam blue screen hasent...
  10. Getting BSoD at five past every hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSoD at five past every hour: I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 (64 bit) desktop computer. At 5 past every hour, without fail, it gets BSoD. Doesn't matter how long the computer has already been on for, and it doesn't matter what I'm doing on the computer. If it's 10:05, 2:05, 3:05, or whatever,...