Windows 10: Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps

Discus and support Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that it’s working on enabling support for OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers in Direct3D 12 (D3D12) for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 15, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps

Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that it’s working on enabling support for OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers in Direct3D 12 (D3D12) for Windows 10.

To enable mapping layers and address compatibility concerns when OpenCL and OpenGL hardware drivers are not present on your device, Microsoft has now published the compatibility package in the Microsoft Store.

The compatibility package is titled “OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack” and it’s currently available for download from the Microsoft Store (previously known as Windows Store).

The compatibility pack is aimed at systems running Windows 10 May 2020 Update, Windows 10 October 2020 Update or newer.

In the product listing, Microsoft noted that this compatibility pack lets you run OpenCL and OpenGL apps on your device when appropriate hardware drivers are missing or not enabled by default.

Microsoft explained that Windows 10 will automatically launch supported apps with hardware acceleration feature enabled to improve performance.

This feature works only when your device and app support DirectX 12.

It’s also worth noting that only certain apps will be using this compatibility pack, but Microsoft says it’s working on a bundle that will allow more apps to use the compatibility layers. Windows Insiders can get a preview version of this bundle and use it to run more apps.

Microsoft hopes that the compatibility layer will make things easier for both developers and users. Currently, not every Windows machine has great native support for OpenCL and OpenGL, and the mapping layers will improve compatibility.

OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility package for Windows 10 will also help productivity and creative apps, so it’s really not just about games.

Microsoft is encouraging developers to port their apps and games to DirectX 12. For now, Microsoft hopes that the developer community and users will benefit from the Windows 10 compatibility layers offered via the Microsoft Store.

If you’re interested, you can head to the Microsoft Store and download the app.

The post Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps

1. Windows 10 gets OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility layers for apps - Similar Threads - gets OpenCL OpenGL

2. How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?: In Adobe Photoshop HELP page, said: "Your graphics processor is not supported." If you are running Windows on an Intel-based system and have the support pack for OpenCL and OpenGL from Microsoft installed, the solution is to uninstall the support pack and restart your...
  3. How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?: In Adobe Photoshop HELP page, said: "Your graphics processor is not supported." If you are running Windows on an Intel-based system and have the support pack for OpenCL and OpenGL from Microsoft installed, the solution is to uninstall the support pack and restart your...
  4. Windows' Paint App is getting layer and transparency support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows' Paint App is getting layer and transparency support: Microsoft introduced support for removing backgrounds from images loaded in the default Windows image editor Paint. Today, the company has pushed out another feature to testers; this time, it is layer and transparency support. Microsoft announced last month that it had plans...
  5. Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack for Windows 10 on ARM: Earlier this year, we announced a partnership with Collabora to build OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12, with the goal of supporting more OpenCL- and OpenGL-based productivity and creative apps where native drivers are not available. We have made tremendous...
  6. Windows 10: OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack released by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack released by Microsoft: Microsoft has released the app OpenCL and OpenGL Compatibility Pack to the company's Microsoft Store this week designed to allow applications to run on Windows 10 devices that don't have OpenCL or OpenGL hardware drivers installed. If DirectX 12 drivers are installed, apps...
  7. In the works: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12

in Windows 10 News
    In the works: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to DirectX 12: Building on our previous work with the D3D12 Translation Layer library as well as the D3D11On12 and D3D9On12 mapping layers, we’re happy to share that we are working on two new projects: OpenCL and OpenGL mapping layers to D3D12. We’re excited to...
  8. opengl in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    opengl in Windows 10: How do I find out if my computer has opengl installed? I need it to run a game I have installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opengl-in-windows-10/84ca297e-3966-4760-89e8-eeceedab9c4f
  9. how do i get opengl compatible drivers on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get opengl compatible drivers on windows 10?: I am running windows 10 version 1903 and I am trying to run Minecraft java edition but my driver isn't compatible with openGL how do I fix this?...
  10. OpenCL Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OpenCL Error: Hi guys, I´m new to this, so please be patient… My PC was working just fine, I use it exclusively for cryptomining. Is a very modest miner. Since beginnings of the week it keep showing me an error message (I have attached ir for you to check it out) I´ve reinstall all...