Windows 10: Windows 10 gets phone calls support via Android

Discus and support Windows 10 gets phone calls support via Android in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Jumping back and forth between your Windows PC and Android smartphone can be annoying. Microsoft has created Your Phone app for Windows 10, so you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 15, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 gets phone calls support via Android

Jumping back and forth between your Windows PC and Android smartphone can be annoying. Microsoft has created Your Phone app for Windows 10, so you don’t need to keep the phone around when you have to carry on a conversation, view photos and notifications.

Microsoft’s Your Phone app is an app that makes it easier to reply to messages, check phone notifications, mirror phone screen to PC, and now you can also initiate calls.

Microsoft is rolling out a new update to the Your Phone that will allow you to initiate and receive calls directly on the desktop. You can also dial a number and access the phonebook without having to take your eyes off your PC.

“Today, we’re pleased to announce the general availability of the Your Phone app Calls feature, which allows you to receive and make phone calls on your PC,” the company said.

If you’ve already installed Your Phone app on your PC, go the Microsoft Store and search for the app again, and grab the new update if it shows up. If you don’t see the update, uninstall the app, reboot the PC and reinstall it from the app store.

If you aren’t seeing the phone call screen at all. don’t worry—Microsoft says the feature is rolling out.

How the Your Phone app calling works

The latest Bluetooth technology is not required to use the calling feature. The calling experience works when the phone is connected to the internet and Windows 10 via a WiFi network or the cellular connection.

Windows 10 gets phone calls support via Android Keypad-in-Your-Phone.jpg

As we explained in October, the feature makes Your Phone on Windows 10 feel complete and it bridges the gap between the two form factors. The user interface features the dial pad and list of calls as well.

During a call, you’ll be using your PC as a Bluetooth speaker to interact with the person. There is a ‘Use phone’ button that allows you to quickly switch back to your smartphone and carry on the conversation.

Windows 10 gets phone calls support via Android Your-Phone-call-UI.jpg

We’ve tested the feature with low-end and as well as the flagship smartphones from different smartphone makers, and the performance is satisfactory.

The post Windows 10 gets phone calls support via Android appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone

Read more: Windows 10 Your Phone app can now be used to make calls from Android phones | ZDNet

Brink, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone

Read more: Windows 10 Your Phone app can now be used to make calls from Android phones | ZDNet

Brink, Dec 15, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Teamviewer Quick Support for android phones/tablets

I wonder how many are aware of Teamviewer Quick Support that allows certain supported models of android/mobile phone to be FULLY remote controlled from a PC or even another phone/tablet.

Supported phones (newer models mostly) are

• Samsung
    • Motorola
    • LG
    • Sony
    • Acer
    • Asus (for business customers)
    • Lenovo
    • HTC
    • Huawei
    • ZTE
      -----
    Nice thing is you can use pc keyboard to type text messages.

cereberus, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 gets phone calls support via Android - Similar Threads - gets phone calls

2. android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth: hi, i have this issue for some time now, when i try connecting some device to my pc via bluetooth it sometimes doesn't work but after some work it works, thought with my phone it's a different story, i can't get it to connect with my pc - it connects for a milisecond and then...
  3. android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth: hi, i have this issue for some time now, when i try connecting some device to my pc via bluetooth it sometimes doesn't work but after some work it works, thought with my phone it's a different story, i can't get it to connect with my pc - it connects for a milisecond and then...
  4. Does Phone Link app support relay a phone call from your Android device to PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Phone Link app support relay a phone call from your Android device to PC ?: Does Phone Link app support relay a phone call from your Android device to PC ? Such that the mic and speaker for the call will be of the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-phone-link-app-support-relay-a-phone-call/e43e750d-d0fd-4a0e-b6eb-895f2d95e1c1
  5. Does Phone Link app support relay a phone call from your Android device to PC ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Phone Link app support relay a phone call from your Android device to PC ?: Does Phone Link app support relay a phone call from your Android device to PC ? Such that the mic and speaker for the call will be of the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-phone-link-app-support-relay-a-phone-call/e43e750d-d0fd-4a0e-b6eb-895f2d95e1c1
  6. Windows 10 Enterprises LTSC activation via phone call

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprises LTSC activation via phone call: Can anyone please specify the option that i need to press before entering Installation ID, i am a bit out of sync as to which option i will have to select in order to get at the proper activation option. Please help me out....
  7. Hands-on with Windows 10’s Android phone calling feature

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with Windows 10’s Android phone calling feature: Microsoft first announced Your Phone app at its Build 2018 conference and the app is now getting a new feature for more deeply integrating Windows 10 PCs with Android phones. Your Phone app for Windows 10 currently allows you to send and receive text messages, view battery...
  8. Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone: Microsoft nailed down a partnership with Samsung to bring calling functionality to the Your Phone app with the Galaxy Note 10, but the feature should soon also be available to all Android devices. Twitter user Ajith confirmed that the Your Phone app with calls and dialer...
  9. Microsoft support phone calls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft support phone calls: I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the following (and been as daft as I was initially). I received a call from 'Microsoft' advising that my PC had a deadly virus and could I clear it. After some chat with an Asian voice I was passed on to possibly a...
  10. Is phone call from windows support legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is phone call from windows support legit?: I received a call from a man that stated he worked for windows and that I had a error message runnimg in the background is this legit or a scam?...