Windows 10: Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi There, I upgraded my machine to update 1903 after receiving a message that Microsoft is dropping support for the previous 1809 version. However it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Test18, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Test18 Win User

Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade

Hi There,

I upgraded my machine to update 1903 after receiving a message that Microsoft is dropping support for the previous 1809 version. However it now gets stuck at the loading screen with the spinning icon.

I did note that on the initial restart I was able to login successfully, after this it stopped working.

Here's what I've tried so far:
    - Booted into to safe mode. This worked however it didn't fix logging into regular mode.
    - Looking for a system restore point. There weren't any.
    - I recall trying the same upgrade within the last few months and it also didn't work - at that time I performed a System restore back to the previous version.

If there's any advice on how this can be fixed or whether the a reset of the PC is required it would be much appreciated.

:)

Test18, Feb 19, 2020
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%.

Hi Lynn,

To get a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Just to clarify, are you trying to update Windows 10 or Are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from any older version of Windows?

• If you are doing an upgrade; how are you upgrading to Windows 10? What is the Windows version already installed on Computer?
    I

suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in the below link and check if you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

Hope you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade

1. Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade - Similar Threads - gets stuck loading

2. Windows 10 Stuck on Loading after Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Stuck on Loading after Reset: Hey,I have an HP Notebook Windows 10. I reset it due to slowness. After I reset it, it said on the screen "Installing Windows". All of a sudden, the screen went black. I attempted to open it. After I turned it on, this was the cycle it followed I even left it overnight, no...
  3. Windows 10 Stuck on Loading after Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Stuck on Loading after Reset: Hey,I have an HP Notebook Windows 10. I reset it due to slowness. After I reset it, it said on the screen "Installing Windows". All of a sudden, the screen went black. I attempted to open it. After I turned it on, this was the cycle it followed I even left it overnight, no...
  4. Windows 10 Stuck on Loading after Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. sa not opening gets stuck after loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sa not opening gets stuck after loading: as soon as i load game it hangs even and i am not able to do anything and have to restart using pressing window icon please help resolve game is old but not cracked it was bought pc version 1.0 cd misplaced...
  6. Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots.: Story time. A couple of days ago my friend gave me a hard drive since I had mentioned that I dont have much space. Before this, I had two drives: an ssd, and a hard drive. The SSD contains Windows 10 OS and some files and the HDD contains most other files. I connected this...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade gets stuck at 46%

Windows 10 upgrade gets stuck at 46%: I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 for the last 2 days. I first used the disk I purchased and all went well until the updating part. It then gets stuck at 46% and won't go any further - i left it overnight and still no progress. I went onto support and tried...
  8. WINDOWS 10 CUSTOMOZATIONS DISAPOEARED AFTER UPGRADING TO 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 CUSTOMOZATIONS DISAPOEARED AFTER UPGRADING TO 1903: Hello Iam surprised and annoyed too after upgrading from 1809 to 1903 y gad blue color on start and taskbar (1809) it became white after upgrading to 1903 I will attach a screenshot of start and personalize >start in...
  9. Stuck at lockscreen after 1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at lockscreen after 1903: I have just installed 1903 and after several attempts to use my pin and password, it will say "just a moment", load for a second then it will return to the lockscreen. I know the pins and passwords are correct since if I enter random keys, it will tell me it is incorrect. I...
  10. Get stuck in booting after update to windows 10 version 1903

Get stuck in booting after update to windows 10 version 1903: Hi Microsoft team, i'm using a acer aspire 3 laptop and the acer is running build 1809 well. i'm the person who is very interested about the updating, either this time, build 1903 was very great but when i shut the laptop down and turn it back on, its stuck in loading screen...