Windows 10: Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots.

Discus and support Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Story time. A couple of days ago my friend gave me a hard drive since I had mentioned that I dont have much space. Before this, I had two drives: an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Minzar, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Minzar Win User

Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots.

Story time.

A couple of days ago my friend gave me a hard drive since I had mentioned that I dont have much space. Before this, I had two drives: an ssd, and a hard drive. The SSD contains Windows 10 OS and some files and the HDD contains most other files. I connected this new hard drive in, which, unbeknownst to me had not been wiped and booted it, to be greeted with windows 7.

My original hard drive and this new hard drive could both be accessed, but not the SSD containing windows 10. I unconnected the new hard drive in hope that it would boot up normally with windows 10, but alas, it now becomes stuck on the windows loading screen infinitely spinning those irritating dots.

Some added info: this SSD, to my memory, is rather full. Yet I've no clue as to how I would empty it given the current situation.

Any replies would be nice. I'm an idiot and technologically incapable so please help.

:)

Minzar, Mar 26, 2020
  2. reyzac Win User

Windows 10 stuck in loading screen with spinning dots

Hi,

Windows 10 is stuck in loading screen. Here are the things that happened before it became like that:

• I noticed that my Dell laptop is lagging so much even after restart so I checked the Task Manager and noticed that the Disk is at 100%.
    • Found out that Avast premiere is causing the Disk to be at 100% so I End Task it
    • Triggered CHKDSK upon startup in order to check if Disk is fine.
    • Upon startup Check Disk ran but it is stuck at 12% even after almost 2 hours of waiting. So need to hard reboot. This persisted around 3 times
    • Upon reboot Dell Diagnostics automatically kicked in since it detected that the system was not shut down properly. Result is that no problems found.
    • After Dell Diagnostics, the system rebooted and now is stuck to the loading screen with the spinning dots.

Solutions that I tried:

• Used Media Installation Tool to do Startup repair. But result is that the Automatic startup repair cannot resolve the issue.
    • Performed system restore to earlier date. The restore was successful but I am still stuck at the loading screen with spinning dots upon reboot.
    • Startup Settings does not show in the Troubleshoot menu so activated the F8 to trigger safe mode. Upon selection of Safemode with network the system reboots and gets stuck in Dell logo screen.

Please advise. If possible I want to avoid losing my files.

Thanks!

reyzac, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Computer stuck at white loading dots while changing the Microsoft account to Local account on Windows 10

Hi Xavier,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in switching the Microsoft account to local account as the screen stuck with loading dots and unable to access the system. We will help you in resolving this issue.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • For how long does the screen stuck in this phase?
    • Is there any other user account created on your system?

I suggest you to remove all the external devices including the power cords from your computer, hard reboot the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 26, 2020
  4. RBuyckx Win User

Windows 10 stuck on loading dots

My Windows 10 machine is stuck at a blue screen with the loading dots. It's been like this for hours. I've tried everything; booting in safe mode, doing a clean install (with keep my files), doing system repair.. I don't have any other option and I don't
    want to do a full wipe and clean install because I CANNOT lose my files since they're rather important. I don't know what to do and need a solution ASAP!

RBuyckx, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 gets stuck on loading dots. - Similar Threads - gets stuck loading

2. Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode: Hello all,The other night I was trying to fix a broken outlet in my kitchen and went to reset the breaker in the garage. Unfortunately I hit the wrong one and the outlet in my office where my computer is located lost power for a second. When I came back to my office I noticed...
  3. Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode: Hello all,The other night I was trying to fix a broken outlet in my kitchen and went to reset the breaker in the garage. Unfortunately I hit the wrong one and the outlet in my office where my computer is located lost power for a second. When I came back to my office I noticed...
  4. Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 stuck on loading little dots keep going round and round

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on loading little dots keep going round and round: I have the following to my recollection Asus ROG Strix X470-FAMD Ryzen 5 2600XGSKill Ripjaws 3200 2x8GBPowercolor Red Devil RX 580 / 8GBInland Sata SSD 240 GBSamsung 970 EVO NVME 250GBADATA NVME 500GBOperating System Windows 10 ProComputer was working fine a day before. I...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on loading little dots keep going round and round

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on loading little dots keep going round and round: I have the following to my recollection Asus ROG Strix X470-FAMD Ryzen 5 2600XGSKill Ripjaws 3200 2x8GBPowercolor Red Devil RX 580 / 8GBInland Sata SSD 240 GBSamsung 970 EVO NVME 250GBADATA NVME 500GBOperating System Windows 10 ProComputer was working fine a day before. I...
  7. Windows 10 stuck on loading little dots keep going round and round

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 dotted circle animation not showing on loading screen and it's stucked

Windows 10 dotted circle animation not showing on loading screen and it's stucked: I have a really old laptop without battery. Then I am being lazy and forced shutdown. After a few hours I tried to turn on my laptop dotted circle animation gone and it's stuck. [IMG] After few hard shutdowns I got this "After multiple tries, the operating system on your...
  9. Trying to install Windows 10 on my new PC, gets stuck on Logo with no loading dots nor...

Trying to install Windows 10 on my new PC, gets stuck on Logo with no loading dots nor...: I bought Windows 10 Home from Amazon, I plugged the USB into my recently built PC Mother Board: B550 Phantom Gaming 4 P1.10, Processor Type: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Microcode Update: A20F10/A201003, SSD: WD Blue 3D Nand SATA SSD I plugged the USB into the PC and got to the...
  10. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this year). Here’s how the problem started: 1. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is stuck on spinning dots. I’ve waited for...