Windows 10: Windows 10 Gets Thumbs Up From Security Experts

Discus and support Windows 10 Gets Thumbs Up From Security Experts in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Security experts have given a cautious welcome to enhancements in Windows 10, including improved access controls, data loss prevention, and app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Aug 2, 2015.

1. A Guy Win User

Windows 10 Gets Thumbs Up From Security Experts

Source

:)

A Guy, Aug 2, 2015
  2. ECH1 Win User

MS STORE: 4 Hard Drives. Only "THIS PC (CWindows 10 Gets Thumbs Up From Security Experts :)" is available under Storage

Update

CSM disabled

Microsoft UEFI enabled, IE Secure boot enabled.

Got a strange warning about making sure that my PCIe storage device had "something" from MS or it would be for data retrieval only (while still in Bios).

But unfortunately I'm still getting "THIS PC (CWindows 10 Gets Thumbs Up From Security Experts :)".

It's looking more and more like I need a current version of windows 10 to install from.

At least popping in the usb thumb drive still gets E: and F: to show up (along with G:/ for usb thumb drive).

ECH1, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 will not open my password protected thumb drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Glad to know that you are able to access the thumb drive.

The security software in the thumb drive might not be compatible with Windows 10. As it is working fine in Windows 7 Computers.

If you are using Windows 10 pro edition Computer, then you will be able to set encrypt a particular Disk drive or a thumb drive.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BillyBob Win User

This is bad news, what are we going to complain about now.

BillyBob, Aug 2, 2015
  5. According to that article "Hide Extensions" is still the default setting.
    *Doh

lehnerus2000, Aug 2, 2015
  6. vgchat Win User
    Yep that should be toggled on by default but I guess they don't want to confuse new computer users or something.

vgchat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Gets Thumbs Up From Security Experts - Similar Threads - Gets Thumbs Security

2. Thumbs Up/Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbs Up/Down: since you've removed the THUMBS down.... why don't you hide the thumbs up too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbs-updown/0b9494f3-2dd1-4f73-b726-12005548b0e0
  3. Thumbs Up/Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbs Up/Down: since you've removed the THUMBS down.... why don't you hide the thumbs up too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbs-updown/0b9494f3-2dd1-4f73-b726-12005548b0e0
  4. From Your Expert Opinion Of It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From Your Expert Opinion Of It?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,From your expert opinion?, should any/all computer/s types that are under 8th Gen.Intel be running Windows 11/12 at all?, or should those with under 8th Gen.Intel computer/s or have got other brands of computer/s just use/stay with Windows 10...
  5. From Your Expert Opinion Of It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    From Your Expert Opinion Of It?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,From your expert opinion?, should any/all computer/s types that are under 8th Gen.Intel be running Windows 11/12 at all?, or should those with under 8th Gen.Intel computer/s or have got other brands of computer/s just use/stay with Windows 10...
  6. Install windows 10 from a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 from a thumb drive: How do you install Windows 10 from a thumb drive onto a desk top that has vista? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-a-thumb-drive/aa17c0a9-43df-4a3c-ae67-b46fdec07e45
  7. backing up to a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backing up to a thumb drive: i asked some time back about doing backup and some gave me different ways to do this. i picked karan's backup and i did a dozen or so backups testing that program. then i got a 2tb thumb drive off ebay and last night i formatted it and ran that backup sith that program and it...
  8. Install Windows 10 from thumb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 from thumb drive: I have a thumb drive with Windows 10 from 5/31/2018. How do I Install Windows 10 from the thumb drive to a new SSHD in my Dell Desktop: Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz 210 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system,...
  9. Any help from the experts?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any help from the experts?: Can someone tell me why im getting this bsod https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar1B_9k62Xl1jxq9NBKXc0THjWPO and what's the source behind it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-help-from-the-experts/c6369b8f-4bdd-44c1-9965-5737407cb52e
  10. Secure Boot question (Expert Key Management)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot question (Expert Key Management)?: I want to enable Secure Boot, but there is another option under the Secure Boot menu within the UEFI firmware section that I don't know what it means and my question is, should I enable the Expert Key Management options as well when enabling Secure Boot? 101207