Windows 10: Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely

Discus and support Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guys, I am facing an issue with windows 10 OS 1903 version like I am experiencing this after update. My system gets locked automatically while I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AdithyaAHV, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely

Guys,

I am facing an issue with windows 10 OS 1903 version like I am experiencing this after update. My system gets locked automatically while I am working or moved away for few seconds and this continues even after I have turned off every setting related to lock screen. But now it has even advanced with shutting down my computer after 2-3 times getting automatically locked. I thought this is due to virus but there is no virus attack in my system. I am really frustrated because of this problem sometimes I am even losing data or while the system locks automatically and when i sign in with password the applications are closed for no reason. Even I have check with dynamic lock but there is no use.

Thanks

:)

AdithyaAHV, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Oct 11, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely

1. Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely - Similar Threads - getting automatically locked

2. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  3. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  4. Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely: I had done a clean installation of Windows 10 6 bit after all the updates had been done, i shut down the windows buy my CPU fan keeps spinning. any help will be much appreciated....
  5. Window 10 shuts down automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 shuts down automatically: Hello, Microsoft Engineers! My PC running on Windows 10 automatically shuts down and I am fed up from it. Please give permanent solution for it. Hope you will give me suitable solution immediately and no false promises....
  6. Lenovo Legion Y520 - keeps shutting down 2, 3 times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Legion Y520 - keeps shutting down 2, 3 times a day: Hi folks, I have a problem with the above mentioned laptop. My battery burnt out, changed it, connected it as it should, but with the new battery is doing this shutting down stuff. 2 times or 3 times per day. Plugged in or on battery. I have it over a cooler fan...
  7. surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely: My surface 3 laptop is not shutting down completely. when I shut it down, I get the blue shutdown screen, then the black blank screen, and I think it is shut down and I close the lid. but when I come back to my laptop minutes after, it would be boiling hot, with the lid...
  8. Windows Shutting Down Automatically

Windows Shutting Down Automatically: Hi. I am using a Dell Inspiron 5547, and lately I've been having a problem with it. Around half the time I'm entering in my password the computer shuts down by itself. I've been having this issue for about a year now. I'm not sure if this is a problem from windows or from the...
  9. Automatic shut down

Automatic shut down: Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down/ed48e7ad-7223-4c82-bbc2-8a7a77185a97
  10. Automatically shut down computer after backup completes

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatically shut down computer after backup completes: Hello, Is there a way I can have Windows automatically shut down the computer when the backup finishes? 88306