Windows 10: Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock

Discus and support Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new computer that I just installed Windows 10 Pro on. (It's still not activated though.) It has all the latest updates. So once in awhile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ahmd Win User

Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock

I have a new computer that I just installed Windows 10 Pro on. (It's still not activated though.) It has all the latest updates.
    So once in awhile when I try to log in after the box was locked (WinKey+L sequence), it gets stuck on this screen (just took the picture):

Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock [​IMG]

I saw this happen already twice. The first time it happened, I let it spin like that the whole night. Then in the morning, I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del, or quickly pressing the power button. The message changed to "shutting down" but that was it.
    So eventually I had to press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds to kill the power to the box. That rebooted it...
    Does anyone know why does it get stuck like this? And if it does it again, is there a way to "un-stuck" it without killing the power?
    PS. This is a local desktop. It has a single local Windows account that is an administrator. The Windows account has a password, but is set up for autologon during boot. I installed this Windows 10 literally two weeks ago. So it's almost mint-fresh with the stock setup.

:)

2. 41Jimbob Win User

Windows 10 Lock on Sleep

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. After setting up from desktop right click and personalize the lock screen to lock screen after 10 minutes then gone into screen saver and make it 10 minutes with the "on resume, display logon screen" box
    clicked.

I am unable to get the computer to lock after non-use.

Please advise.

Thanks

k

41Jimbob, Jul 11, 2017
  3. cannot get past the logon screen

I went thru all those steps. When I logged in in Safe Mode, it did the same thing - desktop flash for a second then back to Safe Mode Logon screen.

I did a Restart (regular), with the same result.

After the first logon attempt in regular mode, a Welcome screen shows with:

Upper left corner - "Welcome to Windows 10"

Upper right - "Like what yo see?"

Center - "Discover what Windows 10 can do for you"

clicking on this screen brings of the logon screen. After entering password, desktop and some window appears for a second, the back to the Welcome screen.

lcscherzer, Jul 11, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock

1. Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock - Similar Threads - getting stuck Welcome

2. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: So I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with an NVIDIA Geforce GT1030 installed in it, and I booted it up this morning and I am stuck on the welcome screen. I do not think it is hardware related, as I performed a test and nothing appeared to be defective. I cannot reach the pin or...
  3. Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10: About nine months ago, I built myself a PC for the first time. I installed windows 10 for the operating system and it was working flawlessly until a few weeks ago. When I started the computer up and tried to click past the welcome screen and enter the login screen, it paused...
  4. Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10: About nine months ago, I built myself a PC for the first time. I installed windows 10 for the operating system and it was working flawlessly until a few weeks ago. When I started the computer up and tried to click past the welcome screen and enter the login screen, it paused...
  5. Getting Stuck at welcome screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login: [ATTACH]Sometimes when you turn on your computer, you get your Windows 11/10 login screen, but then it gets frozen, maybe reboots on its own, or it stops and does not respond to your command. You may get the login screen, but nothing happens after entering the password....
  7. Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.

Windows stuck on Welcome screen. Can't access lock screen.: I am unable to access the lock screen. Whenever I press any key, the screen moving up animation appears, but the screen goes back to the welcome image, and lock screen is not displayed. There is no way I can sign in to my PC. I have tried startup repair using a bootable USB...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen

Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen: A few days ago Windows 10 began having an error where it would be stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots after logging in. I don't have anything plugged into the laptop, tried putting the laptop on airplane mode, tried doing a startup repair which was...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: When trying to open iTunes, i get an error that a .dll file is corrupted or something (can't remember the name). So, obviously, I try to reinstall iTunes, but I can only do it through Microsoft Store (first time I've used it). Everything works fine and I keep working on my...
  10. Windows 10 stuck at welcome screen after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 stuck at welcome screen after updating: I have a dual boot windows 10 32 and 64 bit.The 1809 update for 64 bit went smoothly.But after updating and restarting stuck at welcome screen. in 32 bit .Automatic repair trouble shoot is tried but with no luck. I am able to to enter into safe mode.Help is requested 119101