Windows 10: Windows 10 Ghost User Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Ghost User Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've searched high and low on the web. It seems like this has been discussed alot but unfortunatley none of the fixes i have found worked. Here is my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by grod777, Jan 17, 2020.

1. grod777 Win User

Windows 10 Ghost User Account

I've searched high and low on the web. It seems like this has been discussed alot but unfortunatley none of the fixes i have found worked. Here is my issue:
    I have 2 users on my PC. My PC boots right into one of the users but I do not want that. I'd like the PC to boot like in Windows 7 where you choose the user.
    What i found was i have to go into netplwiz and uncheck "User Must Enter a user name and password to use this computer". When i do that and reboot it creates another instance of the user I set a password for. When i enter the password for the user it says incorrect password. So i choose the ghost user (same name) ansd enter the password and it logs in.
    How do I get rid of the second (ghost user)?

:)

grod777, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Ghost User Account :(

Zakin, Jan 17, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Ghost User Account - Similar Threads - Ghost User Account

2. Ghost Work Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  3. Windows User Accounts created a ghost account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows User Accounts created a ghost account: I don't understand why this is - but this operating system has split my sign-in. It introduced a new User Account that's a duplicate of my main account - but instead of asking for the pin, it asks for a password. This ghost account only shows up at log-in - IT DOES NOT SHOW...
  4. Windows User Accounts created a ghost account

Windows User Accounts created a ghost account: I don't understand why this is - but this operating system has split my sign-in. It introduced a new User Account that's a duplicate of my main account - but instead of asking for the pin, it asks for a password. This ghost account only shows up at log-in - IT DOES NOT SHOW...
  5. Windows 11 Ghost User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Ghost User: I have just done a clean install of Windows 11 and migrated my Windows 10 files to the new system. I am the only user of the computer and live alone so I want it to boot to the desktop but when I turn off the need to enter a password the boot fails at the lock screen and...
  6. Windows 11 Ghost User

Windows 11 Ghost User: I have just done a clean install of Windows 11 and migrated my Windows 10 files to the new system. I am the only user of the computer and live alone so I want it to boot to the desktop but when I turn off the need to enter a password the boot fails at the lock screen and...
  7. Ghost accounts showing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ghost accounts showing...: I have my Windows 10 desktop using a Microsoft account. A few days back I changed my Microsoft password, as I hadn't done it in a while, and after I did so I then used "netplwiz" to input the new password so that I could log onto Windows 10 automatically. After...
  8. ghost user at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ghost user at login: I have 2 users, but 3 appear on my login screen: Bill, Nancy, Bill The system is defaulting to make me log into the Bill account that requires a p/w which I don't have and I must switch to the Bill that has no p/w. THIS Bill is an admin user, me. I thought it was the...
  9. Ghost user

Ghost user: I got a cloned user, that ever time i turn up my pc, it blocks the screen, and display wrong password, i don't know why it duplicated the user, and the password doesn't work [img] Are 2 users named CAIO, one of then my pass work and another dont [img]...
  10. Win 10 - account problem - ghost accounts

Win 10 - account problem - ghost accounts: How can i fix this problem...I have only one microsoft account but in my win 10 account setting i am seeing 3 different accounts, with 3 different avatars - on one of them i cant change avatar picture like its ghost account, nor can i delete them 103453