Windows 10: Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I have been encountering a problem for a while now where in windows there is a optional update that is a display update from 2018 so why does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shubh1122, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Shubh1122 Win User

Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers

Hello I have been encountering a problem for a while now where in windows there is a optional update that is a display update from 2018 so why does it keep showing it there and should I download I currently have the latest rx 580 drivers from the amd website.

:)

Shubh1122, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 7, 2021
  3. AMD Software

What is the make & model of your system?

From what you have given and the little research I did, this pertains to your situation:

Sign In to AMD Community - AMD Community

Essentially, you have an OLD chipset.

"NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver.
    Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

• Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
    • Reboot the system
    • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."

Shenan Stanley, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers

1. Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers - Similar Threads - giving old amd

2. Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...: Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not supported. How to stop that. I am fed up with this. When the product is of amd then why microsoft is updating it and replacing with software which is not supported....
  3. Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not...: Windows is updating amd graphics driver on its own and giving me driver, which is not supported. How to stop that. I am fed up with this. When the product is of amd then why microsoft is updating it and replacing with software which is not supported....
  4. Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers

Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers: Hello I have been encountering a problem for a while now where in windows there is a optional update that is a display update from 2018 so why does it keep showing it there and should I download I currently have the latest rx 580 drivers from the amd website....
  5. Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 giving me old amd display drivers: Hello I have been encountering a problem for a while now where in windows there is a optional update that is a display update from 2018 so why does it keep showing it there and should I download I currently have the latest rx 580 drivers from the amd website....
  6. Can you give me a link for AMD Bluetooth driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you give me a link for AMD Bluetooth driver?: I want to connect my Bluetooth earbuds but when I go to settings to turn on the bluetooth, it seems that there is no option or button to toggle it on. And I look it up on the device manager, bluetooth is nowhere. So I assume that my pc doesn't have bluetooth driver. I want to...
  7. Can you give me a link for AMD Bluetooth driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you give me a link for AMD Bluetooth driver?: I want to connect my Bluetooth earbuds but when I go to settings to turn on the bluetooth, it seems that there is no option or button to toggle it on. And I look it up on the device manager, bluetooth is nowhere. So I assume that my pc doesn't have bluetooth driver. I want to...
  8. Can you give me a link for AMD Bluetooth driver?

9. Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing AMD drivers gives me the black screen of death: I’ve been using my pc for around a year now with no issues. Yesterday I was editing a video on premiere pro and all of a sudden my pc cut to a navy blue screen where I couldn’t do anything. I continued to force shut down my pc and restart it back up again. I was able to boot...
  10. AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Display Driver: Hello Lovely Community, I faced a problem today, I saw a new update in the Settings it was an update about AMD Driver, I accepted the update, the update didn't go well, and the pc got hanged, so I had to restart the pc, when I logged in the desktop, my AMD display...