Windows 10: windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access

Discus and support windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With the last couple of Windows 10 updates, I have encountered a problem/bug with the internet icon globe display indicating no internet access when in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cgraves2, Sep 10, 2020.

1. cgraves2 Win User

windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access

With the last couple of Windows 10 updates, I have encountered a problem/bug with the internet icon globe display indicating no internet access when in fact I have internet accessfor the most part. It looks like this has been an issue for years. With the past updates, I just kept restarting my computer until the issue resolved itself but is there a better way to correct the problem? As stated, for the most part I have internet access but there are a few programs that will not run because they do not detect an internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any advise given.

:)

cgraves2, Sep 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Icon Globe

Why did my Windows 10 internet icon in tray change to a world globe after update?

Judy Flook, Sep 10, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 10, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

No internet access

What type of security program/s do/did they have installed? I've seen McAfee and Norton both completely block internet access for no reason. Even after being uninstalled they can sometimes still block internet until you run their clean-up programs.

newtekie1, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 globe icon indicates no internet access when there is access - Similar Threads - globe icon indicates

2. Globe with a strike through circle in taskbar - Internet access but no access to Microsoft365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Globe with a strike through circle in taskbar - Internet access but no access to Microsoft365: We have suddenly started to notice several issues with accessing Microsoft365. On desktops we are seeing in the taskbar in place of the network connection a Globe icon with a small circle with a line through it. When like this there is no access to Microsoft365 and the...
  3. Globe with a strike through circle in taskbar - Internet access but no access to Microsoft365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Globe with a strike through circle in taskbar - Internet access but no access to Microsoft365: We have suddenly started to notice several issues with accessing Microsoft365. On desktops we are seeing in the taskbar in place of the network connection a Globe icon with a small circle with a line through it. When like this there is no access to Microsoft365 and the...
  4. Globe with a strike through circle in taskbar - Internet access but no access to Microsoft365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  6. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  7. Getting the globe that indicates no access.

Getting the globe that indicates no access.: So for the past few months, ive been getting the globe that stands for no internet access. At first it would just stay disconnected despite me having internet. Then I updated the driver and it turned on the internet for a while before turning off. It continued to do this, I...
  8. Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.

Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.: Good day all - we recently started getting users all W10 with the "No internet access" message in the network icon - internet works fine in fact, but, o365 doesnt like the fact that windows doesnt think there is internet. i have yet to find a solution, anyone know a fix? i...
  9. Windows 10 Internet Icon Globe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Internet Icon Globe: Why did my Windows 10 internet icon in tray change to a world globe after update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-icon-globe/2ced4110-99b6-4d19-92e2-6fc7453893c3
  10. Windows 10 limited internet access icon?

Windows 10 limited internet access icon?: For as long as I've had my NUC, the LAN symbols have had the yellow limited internet access icon. My internet works fine thou, but the icon is kind of bugging me. Any hints on how to fix it? I tried re-installing, reboot router, use Windows own help fixes, to no avail....