Windows 10: Windows 10 goes BSOD whenever I shutdown and restarting my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 goes BSOD whenever I shutdown and restarting my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know why this always happen. When i want to restart or shutdown, my laptop dell 15r n5110 goes BSOD. Everytime i shutting down and restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ahmad Khalilul Hameedy, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 goes BSOD whenever I shutdown and restarting my laptop

I don't know why this always happen. When i want to restart or shutdown, my laptop dell 15r n5110 goes BSOD.

Everytime i shutting down and restarting my laptop.

Error code is 'driver power state failure'

:)

Ahmad Khalilul Hameedy, Dec 19, 2019
  2. little cat, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Sirron Win User

Windows 10 goes BSOD whenever I shutdown and restarting my laptop

Windows 10 started not powering off on shutdown or restarting

One of my laptops, the HP Elitebook 8460P with Windows 10 Creators Update, latest drivers and updates, started not power off on shutdown. It doesn't matter if I do a regular shutdown, Shift Shutdown, Restart, Safe Mode, "shutdown /s /t 0", it just goes through the steps and says shutting down services, then shutting down or restarting depending on which one I pick and does the bubbles in a circle and the mouse cursor still works and that's it. I have to hold down the power button to force it to turn off. Nothing shows up in the Event Viewer, I tried SFC & DISM /Restorehealth, chkdsk, and they all come up clean. I tried disabling Fast Boot and hibernation, and unplugging it and removing the battery and holding down the power button. There are no other devices connected to this laptop and it is the same hardware that it has had for over two years. I tried to rollback and then disabling the Intel Management Engine that I saw some people suggested, but there is no difference. There are no blue screens, no errors, nothing logged in Event Viewer, all hardware passes diagnostics, and everything else works just fine and it boots up quickly.

Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Sirron, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 goes BSOD whenever I shutdown and restarting my laptop

1. Windows 10 goes BSOD whenever I shutdown and restarting my laptop - Similar Threads - goes BSOD whenever

2. My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...: Hello there,I am Kousic, the problem is whenever I try to turn on my hotspot, it works fine for sometime and eventually goes into a BSOD in past it is very difficult to get back to windows, it struck in the Dell startup screen with a half `Loader animation` etc.. etc.., Now...
  3. My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop goes into a BSOD whenever I turn in my laptop's hotspot, why is that? and how can...: Hello there,I am Kousic, the problem is whenever I try to turn on my hotspot, it works fine for sometime and eventually goes into a BSOD in past it is very difficult to get back to windows, it struck in the Dell startup screen with a half `Loader animation` etc.. etc.., Now...
  4. Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.: Pls help. My 6 month laptop restart automatically when ever I put it in shut down/sleep. This happen only working in battery only. If I plugged in and try to shut it down or sleep it will work like normal without any restarting issue. Till this day I didn't installed or...
  5. laptop goes black whenever i turn it on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop goes black whenever i turn it on?: whenever i open my laptop, the black screen shows with just my cursor and nothing else. after about 20 minutes, it goes to my normal home screen with all my applications. however, whenever i turn my laptop off and back on again, it does the same thing? the black screen and...
  6. BSOD appears whenever I shutdown my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD appears whenever I shutdown my PC: I have a big problem. One of the PC's at my office give BSOD when I try to shutdown it. The same goes with all other power options including Sleep and Restart. Logging out seems to work somehow. Please help me with this problem. Specifications. ---------------- Intel...
  7. Restart/Shutdown BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart/Shutdown BSOD: Hello everybody, for the past couple months I have been having this specific BSOD on my Acer Nitro 5 laptop after a factory restore (I was hit by a trojan by the name of Direct Game UNI Installer while trying to download a game) and have ran countless antivirus scans with...
  8. BSOD on shutdown and restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on shutdown and restarts: I keep getting BSOD when my computer restarts or shutdowns. It will say "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" on the BSOD. I have double checked system files to make sure none are corrupted and also tested my memory on the memory diagnostic tool and it passed without any issues....
  9. Windows 10 - Memory Management BSOD when I try to shutdown or restart laptop

Windows 10 - Memory Management BSOD when I try to shutdown or restart laptop: I'm having issues on an Acer Aspire 8735 after an upgrade from Win7 to Win10, I keep getting Memory Management BSOD every time I try to restart/shutdown. This is a NEW, CLEAN INSTALATION, using the 1909 Win10 media creation tool. Links to minidumps and sys.nfo:...
  10. BSOD, shutdown and restart

BSOD, shutdown and restart: For a while, if I left my computer on 24/7 every day or so I'd get a 1 second buzzing sound of corrupted audio followed by a BOSD saying various things like: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or sometimes DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, or KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Since I heard...