Windows 10: Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup.

Discus and support Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an SSD so the Windows starts up pretty fast, and with no issues. Upon surfing the web using Chrome usually writing emails or browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RadmanHz, Dec 3, 2020.

1. RadmanHz Win User

Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup.

Hello,

I have an SSD so the Windows starts up pretty fast, and with no issues. Upon surfing the web using Chrome usually writing emails or browsing YouTube in the early times of starting my Windows about 20-30 minutes into it I experience a sudden freeze in everything that were going on. The fan goes on spinning faster and suddenly everything is extremely slow nearly frozen. When I try to open the Task Manager to see what's going on the window opens however it is not responding. I cannot see RAM, hard, or CPU usage. The laptop does not heat up that much, but all I can do at this point is to hold the power button to force shutdown and start the laptop again. And this has been happening to me every time I start up since yesterday. So here are some changes that I made to my laptop recently:

I recently installed Microsoft Visual Studio Community, and on a non-related note, I deleted a Registry Key I deleted the key for 'Add to VLC playlist' in the right-click menu. I do not know if the issue I am experiencing is connected to these changes however I have tried to restore the Windows and it was unsuccessful because of error 0x80071ac5 which according to Windows restore prompt occurs because it cannot delete a file in the iCloudDrive folder. the restore is impossible, I tried deleting iCloudDrive, safe mode, disabling Antivirus, etc. I also tried DSKCHK and DISM and everything was apparently fine on my OS drive. I usually use a VPN while surfing the web, and my VPN app updates automatically. However, I have been using it for a year and it did not cause any problems.

So, what can I do? Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks for your attention.

:)

RadmanHz, Dec 3, 2020
  2. WellSuper Win User

Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes

I'm getting a very strange issue. I can work on my computer for many hours without any issues. But, if I step away for 20 minutes and come back, it's completely frozen and I have to hard reboot. To see if this is a problem with the sleep or hybrrid sleep functions, I disabled them all. Everything is set to NEVER shut off. But the freezing still happens if I walk away. Otherwise, no freezes.

So, what could be causing this freeze? Any idea?

WellSuper, Dec 3, 2020
  3. digishack Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar freezes every 10 to 20 Minutes

Hi,

My Windows 10 taskbar freezes every 10-20 minutes ie the clock freezes and I can't launch any programs. Windows explorer then restarts and everything is ok for another 10-20 minutes until it freezes again.

Microsoft recommended performing a clean boot so I did that but it didn't fix the problem. Under the clean boot, the task bar still freezes but restarts itself quite soon after freezing so it's a bit better
    but the problem is still there.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is pretty annoying.

Cheers

Dan

digishack, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup.

Windows 7 low on memory during 20 minutes after startup!

Since a few months I have suddely a problem with my Windows 7 desktop:

During the first 15-20 minutes after startup it is having all kinds of low memeory problems:

• error messages "Your computer is low on memory. Close programs....
    • browser windows crashing
    • applications closing themselves down
    After these 1-20 minutes, the problem disappears.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Kind regards,

Hubert

Hubertvandongen, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup.

1. Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup. - Similar Threads - goes completely fine

2. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  3. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  4. Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel core i3, 12 GB RAM and a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language build 19043.1083It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to start every time. Tried enabling/disabling Fast startup, defragmented all drives,...
  5. Windows Flashing Black on startup for 15 - 20 minutes.

Windows Flashing Black on startup for 15 - 20 minutes.: Since a few updates ago, I believe either KB4579311 or KB4578968, I had an issue in which everytime I started up my computer and logged in, Windows would flicker black for a good 15 to 20 minutes before it became usable. I could move and see my cursor at these times but could...
  6. The game crashes after about 20 minutes.

The game crashes after about 20 minutes.: I start game, play approximately 20-30 minutes and screen freeze then game crashed. It's personaly trouble of windows, because i tried play games on linux and i don't seen this problem. Also not even game have this problem. Games i have this problem: CS GO, Genshin Impact,...
  7. BSOD about 10-15 minutes from startup (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)

BSOD about 10-15 minutes from startup (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED): My laptop randomly BSODs about 10-15 minutes from boot with the code "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I am running Windows 10 1909 build 18263. It BSODs even in safe mode, and on examining the dump file, it tells me that services.exe crashed due to an Nt!KeBugCheckEx() call. I have...
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar freezes every 10 to 20 Minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar freezes every 10 to 20 Minutes: Hi, My Windows 10 taskbar freezes every 10-20 minutes ie the clock freezes and I can't launch any programs. Windows explorer then restarts and everything is ok for another 10-20 minutes until it freezes again. Microsoft recommended performing a clean boot so I did that...
  9. Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes: I'm getting a very strange issue. I can work on my computer for many hours without any issues. But, if I step away for 20 minutes and come back, it's completely frozen and I have to hard reboot. To see if this is a problem with the sleep or hybrrid sleep functions, I disabled...
  10. Almost each program freezes...

in Windows 10 Support
    Almost each program freezes...: Hi people of the good life here, Recently I updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. First as update, later as clean install. No problems so far. I updated because Windows nags about CWX... According to GWX (Windows 10 download / specs investigator) I guessed Windows 10...