Windows 10: Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution

Discus and support Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP Probook 450 G2 Win10 Pro 64-bit My Win-10 laptop began going to sleep too early in 2017, and all the suggestions for setting the timeouts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stephen_Ford, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution

HP Probook 450 G2

Win10 Pro 64-bit

My Win-10 laptop began going to sleep too early in 2017, and all the suggestions for setting the timeouts to "never" and such like made no difference at all. I did a lot of research and discovered this problem seems to be wide-spread.

I am not talking about the screensaver - this is definitely Sleep Mode.

By accident I discovered that by pulling out the battery in sleep mode would resolve the problem for a while. But this is risky and I had to recover it from a "blue-screen" error once which was a heart-stopping experience. However, the trouble-free period was very variable and apparently not related to anything I was doing.

So I have been monitoring the laptop since late 2017 and recording instances of the early sleep mode occurring and a few other things including updates.

Anyway, a week ago I had reason to suspect that it begins after using the sleep button. So I have only been shutting down, and not using the sleep button since midday on the 30th December 2018. I know it's not long but so far so good.

I invite others with this problem to try this too and report the results.

:)

Stephen_Ford, Jan 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution

Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution

1. Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution - Similar Threads - goes sleep too

2. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...: I stopped my windows for rearranging from my 2 external monitors to my primary laptop display on sleep. Searched for "Screen saver" in Start menu search Selected "Blank" in Screen saver pull down Clicked "Apply" Clicked "Change power settings" Clicked "Create a power plan"...
  3. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...: I stopped my windows for rearranging from my 2 external monitors to my primary laptop display on sleep. Searched for "Screen saver" in Start menu search Selected "Blank" in Screen saver pull down Clicked "Apply" Clicked "Change power settings" Clicked "Create a power plan"...
  4. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange windows possible solution with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen goes to sleep too often

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen goes to sleep too often: On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use. However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off....
  6. Screen goes to sleep too often

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes to sleep too often: On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use. However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off....
  7. Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly

Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly: Hi, I have a Gateway desktop PC with Windows 10 installed. The computer goes to sleep even while I am working on it, including typing or scrolling with the mouse. Typically, if no input is being received if I am reading a document, for example, it will sleep after 2...
  8. Computer goes to sleep early

Computer goes to sleep early: I have a HP Z Book with Windows 10 64 bit. No matter what settings I use it always goes to sleep after one minute. Unless you choose never and then it shuts down when the battery is depleted. Any suggestions? Thanks....
  9. windows 10 goes to sleep

windows 10 goes to sleep: Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-goes-to-sleep/8a798d07-4d70-42e8-bb9d-b4c4734aa182
  10. Windows 10 laptop goes to sleep despite every possible setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 laptop goes to sleep despite every possible setting: We have two laptops running Windows 10 Pro version 1703. Both show the following problem: When the laptop lid is closed, the laptop goes to sleep or hibernation after a random time. I have tried every possible setting I can think of to prevent it, but it still happens....