Windows 10: windows 10 goes to sleep

Discus and support windows 10 goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JoseBM, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JoseBM Win User

windows 10 goes to sleep

Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent updates?

:)

JoseBM, Jun 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jun 4, 2019
  4. windows 10 goes to sleep

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 goes to sleep

1. windows 10 goes to sleep - Similar Threads - goes sleep

2. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  3. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  4. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  5. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  6. Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows defect report: Laptop goes to sleep mode after a couple of seconds after it turns...: Cause: As i have tried many ways to solve this problem that came after I change the settings in Edit power plan and still it is not solvable. Way to repeat the bug: 1. Open Edit power Plan > Path:Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings2. Turn Off...
  7. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  8. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  9. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  10. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...