Windows 10: windows 10 goes to sleep

Discus and support windows 10 goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JoseBM, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JoseBM Win User

windows 10 goes to sleep

Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent updates?

:)

JoseBM, Jun 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jun 4, 2019
  4. windows 10 goes to sleep

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 goes to sleep

1. windows 10 goes to sleep - Similar Threads - goes sleep

2. Screen goes to sleep/After updating Windows downloads in the Xbox (Beta) and Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen goes to sleep/After updating Windows downloads in the Xbox (Beta) and Microsoft...: I've tried downloading two different games from both the Microsoft store and the Xbox (beta) programs and each time my downloads have lost all their progress. The first time I paused my download to update windows, after the computer restarted I went to resume my download and...
  3. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...
  4. Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing

Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing: Everything works fine for every function on the laptop that doesn't involve the keyboard (videos, music, file moving, non-keyboard gaming, etc.) but type anywhere from 1 to (maybe at max) 25 keystrokes and the screen goes black and into sleep. Wait a minute and I can wake...
  5. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  6. Controller goes to sleep (WINDOWS 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller goes to sleep (WINDOWS 10): I have a question about the xbox one controller after so many times of turning on and it connecting to my labtop I've noticed it will continue blinking but will not reconnect at all I've had to to unpair and pair to get it to work again is there any buttons on the controller...
  7. Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously: Hi Team, I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. I've noticed that my laptop goes to sleep mode randomly even if its in use. I tried to login after a few seconds again it will go to sleep mode. I'm unable to work due to this issue. It was repeatedly happening....
  8. "Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...

"Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...: There are many posts similar to mine and I have read them all. I have followed all suggested tips however they don't fix the problem. Please help. The hours of lost productivity time is driving me CRAZY! Please help!...
  9. BSOD during game but then goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during game but then goes to sleep?: Okay so Odd thing happened to me just now. I was playing a game Metal Gear Solid V to be exact and after a cut-scene it gave me a blue screen but instead of crashing and restarting it then goes to sleep. SO I press the power the button and no picture is coming on. So I then...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it. I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes. In power...