Windows 10: Windows 10 going dark

Discus and support Windows 10 going dark in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this issue of windows 10 going dark locking for the past month. I press the power button and it says either "windows resuming" or "was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Danny S, May 29, 2020.

1. Danny S Win User

Windows 10 going dark

I've had this issue of windows 10 going dark locking for the past month. I press the power button and it says either "windows resuming" or "was hibernating". I changed the setting for sleep to never. I reinstalled windows through the Fresh Start option hoping to eliminate the problem but didn't help. I have not installed any new apps. Just reinstalled microsoft 365 office programs. It will go dark even if I'm typing something.

My Dell Inspiron 15 3000 is 3 years old. My build version is 1909 OS Build 18363.836. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Danny

:)

Danny S, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 29, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 going dark

Delta6326, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 going dark

1. Windows 10 going dark - Similar Threads - going dark

2. Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240: My screen goes dark when I up my refresh rate to 240 hz, I have a 7900 xtx and a 7 7800x3d and a omen 1440 p 240 hz refresh rate monitor but when I try to up it to 240 it goes back to whatever the hz was before after going dark for a couple seconds...
  3. Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my screen go dark when I up the refresh rate to 240: My screen goes dark when I up my refresh rate to 240 hz, I have a 7900 xtx and a 7 7800x3d and a omen 1440 p 240 hz refresh rate monitor but when I try to up it to 240 it goes back to whatever the hz was before after going dark for a couple seconds...
  4. Can someone help me with my screen going dark suddenly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with my screen going dark suddenly?: Hi , my screen sometimes goes dark after i turn on my laptop and i dont know why.Ctrl+alt+delete doesnt work ,neither does win+p.I have the latest drivers installed and I really dont know what to do now.Please help....
  5. Can someone help me with my screen going dark suddenly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with my screen going dark suddenly?: Hi , my screen sometimes goes dark after i turn on my laptop and i dont know why.Ctrl+alt+delete doesnt work ,neither does win+p.I have the latest drivers installed and I really dont know what to do now.Please help....
  6. Can someone help me with my screen going dark suddenly?

7. Can someone help me with my screen going dark suddenly?

8. Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...: After upgrading to the Windows 11 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 the screen becomes dark automatically after about 5 seconds of inactivity and windows lock almost immediately. Nothing into power options seems to be...
  9. Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...

Screen going dark and locking after a few seconds of inactivity after upgrate: 2023-09...: After upgrading to the Windows 11 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 the screen becomes dark automatically after about 5 seconds of inactivity and windows lock almost immediately. Nothing into power options seems to be...
  10. My L2 LifeCam HD3000 . Since I bought the product it keeps going bright and dark...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My L2 LifeCam HD3000 . Since I bought the product it keeps going bright and dark...: I purchased the camera off Amazon in March. The flickering between dark and brightness is extremely annoying and looks very unprofessional. Is this a faulty product? The exact same one I have at my office does not do this....