Windows 10: Windows 10 google and bing dns error

Discus and support Windows 10 google and bing dns error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Happy Friday all! I have a windows 10 box that is running great until today. For reason when I use any browser, i.e. edge, chrome, firefox and IE,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luis_305, May 24, 2019.

1. Luis_305 Win User

Windows 10 google and bing dns error

Happy Friday all!

I have a windows 10 box that is running great until today. For reason when I use any browser, i.e. edge, chrome, firefox and IE, and do a search using google or bing I get a DNS error. Now if I use any URL like www.microsoft.com, everything works great. I only get the error when searching or going directlly to google.com or bing.com. I can use duckduckgo with no problem.

What I have done;

I have cleared my DNS cache

checked host file

added a DNS to the IP settings

done an nslookup search (it worked fyi. Found the IP for google and bing)

Ipconfig release and renew

all my other window, apple, chromebook, andriod devices work perfectly.

I’m kind of stumped here. It sounds like a highjack but to only block 2 search engines? Whats the fun in that.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

:)

Luis_305, May 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, May 24, 2019
  3. Google vs. Bing

I typed "convert 30mm to inches" into Google - it gave me the answer. Doing the same with Bing - it did not, just listed conversion links and a bit of a jumble.

I reckon the comments I am getting, is a positive YES for Google.

Bald Eagle, May 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 google and bing dns error

DNS error message

anyone have step by step instructions on how to resolve this error, I did look up the error message on google and there are many people having the same issue

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
    Try this

• This website might be marked as work-related by your organization. Try to access this link in a new Microsoft Edge window outside of Windows Defender Application Guard.
    • Make sure you’ve got the right web address:
    Details

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

[Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

BarbStephan, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 google and bing dns error

1. Windows 10 google and bing dns error - Similar Threads - google bing dns

2. bing to google in windows 10 search

in Browsers and Email
    bing to google in windows 10 search: I have had several techs from duifferent sites try and helopme get ggole search instaed of bing as default in windows 100 search bar i have gone to microsoft edge and tried it there but none of the techs nor myself have been able to do it not sure if an update changed it bbut...
  3. bing and google

in Cortana
    bing and google: when i search something up on google chrome it automatically searches it up with bing instead fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-and-google/22ad10f0-5eaa-484f-9bf0-86d85f5d801c"
  4. Win 10 change from Bing to Google

in Cortana
    Win 10 change from Bing to Google: How to change from Bing to Google and uninstall Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-change-from-bing-to-google/c04f91b0-8a78-44de-851b-c56809180c47"
  5. about google dns and ping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about google dns and ping: hello can u tell me why when i tracert google dns 8.8.8.8 all of lines when root is going out from my country is like 80 ms but when i want to join any usa game server my ping is going up like 200 ms if pingtime is all about distance between ur place nd server place so why...
  6. dns error windows 10

dns error windows 10: I'm running windows 10 ( but I do not have the oct 2018 update installed) and all 3 browsers gets a dns error. I tried reinstalling both ethernet and wireless drivers, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /renew no help. I checked services and dns is running and...
  7. DNS error

DNS error: I continue to get DNS when I try to load a website, why is that , it has only happened since an update occurred yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-error/b5732a6a-7829-49ca-84b0-9e7f4d97e88b
  8. DNS error

DNS error: I continue to get DNS when I try to load a website, why is that , it has only happened since an update occurred yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/dns-error/e8048ed5-a7fc-408e-8ec9-b7b7641066cd
  9. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  10. Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server

Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server: I have tried and tried to change my DNS settings to use Googles DNS (8.8.8.8) and it will not stick. Even downloaded a free program to do it. I use the free program, and it makes Windows send out the side popup, saying the DNS was changed successfully , but it is not changed....