Windows 10: Windows 10 google Earth Pro location of myplaces.kml file

Discus and support Windows 10 google Earth Pro location of myplaces.kml file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have looked in the default location suggested by Google Support (c:/users/%username%/appData but there is no such directory on my computer. Where to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wildmanborneo, May 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 google Earth Pro location of myplaces.kml file

I have looked in the default location suggested by Google Support (c:/users/%username%/appData but there is no such directory on my computer. Where to look next as I want to move the file to another computer?

:)

Wildmanborneo, May 1, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Google Earth Pro / PLSS

Hi,

Regarding your concern, you can uninstall the new Google Earth Pro, then download and run the previous version of Google Earth pro 7.1.8.3036.

We also suggest that you contact Google support to better assist you and give you troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, May 1, 2019
  3. karjak Win User
    Problem with navigation files (kml, gpx) to load from within programs such as Google Earth.

Pretty much exhausted Google Earth forum help. For some reason I can not open a kml, kmz, gpx file in GE. Soon as I hit< File><Open> get a freeze up. A directory option should appear so that I should be able to select a file. GE runs okay as long as
    I don't try to open or save. Another navigation program is Garmin Basecamp. If I try to do a file import, it too also freezes.

Other windows programs such as adobe acrobat finding unable to load file into also, as I just checked. So might be a freeze problem in all platformed programs that open from within and are supposed to offer a file directory.

In the instance of using Google Earth, I have it set up to open both kml and gpx file by double clicking the file in the explorer directory. The Google Earth program then does load. It loads the kml as a track on the satellite map but the gpx opens the
    program without being able to load open the gpx to a visible track. Program runs okay until I try to load from within or try to save.

I have deleted all other navigation programs. Did a ms link to help uninstall all remnants of removed programs. Did a reinstall of Google Earth and done reboot.

karjak, May 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 google Earth Pro location of myplaces.kml file

Google Earth is not running in Windows 10.

Hi Cassandra,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you downloading Google Earth from Windows Store or browser?
    • If browser, which browser are you using to download Google Earth?
    • What is the message displayed on screen when downloading Google Earth?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Google Earth in compatibility mode.
    Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the Google Earth install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 google Earth Pro location of myplaces.kml file

1. Windows 10 google Earth Pro location of myplaces.kml file - Similar Threads - google Earth Pro

2. google earth pro install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google earth pro install: cant download earth pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth-pro-install/f36fe5ea-84f6-449e-b326-ac7e89e9f6b9
  3. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  4. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  5. Google Earth Pro Not Working

Google Earth Pro Not Working: Hi Everyone Can someone out there help me, I was using Google Earth Pro when it decided to freeze up so I tried using the task manager to close it but that didn’t work, so I had to resort to turning the computer off at the tower. After restarting the computer when I try...
  6. Google Earth Pro Not Working

Google Earth Pro Not Working: Hi Everyone Can someone out there help me, I was using Google Earth Pro when it decided to freeze up so I tried using the task manager to close it but that didn’t work, so I had to resort to turning the computer off at the tower. After restarting the computer when I try...
  7. Google Earth Pro . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Earth Pro . . .: I'm running Windows 10 Pro . . . I installed, Google Earth Pro. It is so cool! OK, I'm having a problem? When, I launch it, the only I see, is the Earth. I'm used to seeing, a section on the left side. Where you type in, an address. In "Zooms" to what address you entered....
  8. Google Earth Pro... for who?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Earth Pro... for who?: I needed to use Google Earth tonight. I found the Chrome version too limiting, so I downloaded a copy. I'm running Windows 10 and of course it's the latest update (it's not like we have a choice there, right?) So I launch the thing and it looks great! Just one little...
  9. Google Earth Pro and Windows 10

Google Earth Pro and Windows 10: I use Windows 10 on an HP desktop computer. I can't get Google Earth Pro to run on my system. Any ideas what I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-earth-pro-and-windows-10/c29f6a9e-3f81-418b-a67f-a8606ca05ac2
  10. Google Earth Pro free & Windows 10

Google Earth Pro free & Windows 10: Just want to know if its true that Google Earth Pro is now free of charge, and does it go well with Windows 10-? 92614

Users found this page by searching for:

1. myplaces.kml

2. myplaces.kml file in windows 10

3. google earth my places location windows 10

4. myplaces.kml windows 10,
  5. myplaces.kml location,
  6. myplaces.klm,
  7. myplaces.kml location windows 10,
  8. myplaces kml location,
  9. google earth my places,
  10. myplaces.kml google earth,
  11. google earth my places missing,