Windows 10: Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App

Discus and support Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi We have lot of different computers and laptops in our school that might require from time to time to be used for examinations. In this regard we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Romit Poladiya, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App

Hi

We have lot of different computers and laptops in our school that might require from time to time to be used for examinations.

In this regard we have one common user "Exam-User" that logs into any of the devices in the school based on availablity.

The internet, when logged on, needs to be blocked - be it Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer or any other relevant Windows browser.

While I block the connection in Control Panel, the Edge still connects the GPO but when I go to the PC Settings App > Proxy > and manually adda random proxy address, the internet is blocked.

This manual addition of Proxy needs to be in the GPO where the Proxy belongs to the Settings App embedded in the OS itself and not the Control Panel

Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App 43b9cdd7-af9e-4565-926f-30ed94148b9c?upload=true.png

:)

Romit Poladiya, Feb 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 proxy setting via GPO

I have the case:

I'd like to overwrite proxy settings set up via GPO in site policy - 1. User Configuration\Preferences\Control Panel Setting\Internet Settings -> Connections -> LAN settings,

using:

2. User Configuration\Preferences\Windows Settings\Registry -> HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings -> AutoConfigURL = proxy server address.pac

It seems to me, this is the same registry which areapplied in point no.1, but finally it does not working and proxy addresswas not changed.

I have suspection, that the same settings provided by GPO cannot be overwritten by GPP settings?

Andrew6505, Feb 3, 2019
  3. proxy settings

Hi Mike,

To set up a proxy server in Windows 10, you may follow the following steps.

• Press the Windows key and I to open
      Settings
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Proxy you can either Automatically set up a proxy or
      Manual set up a proxy server.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Mark7805 Win User

Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App

Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App

1. Windows 10 GPO for Proxy Settings in the Settings App - Similar Threads - GPO Proxy Settings

2. Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Proxy Settings: I was having an issue with Windows Network Diagnostics such as 'Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings' so I tried going on different solutions none of worked so I tried the windows 10 version and clicking the button to turn on the Automatic...
  3. Proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy settings: I had been getting "unable to connect" and then a second or two later, page loaded. Sometimes though, page did not load. I can imagine that internet connections are heavily loaded these days, but I thought I should check how Win 10 is configured. I did the 'upgrade' fairly...
  4. proxy settings

proxy settings: Why is my settings only a blue screen then disappears without showing me anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-settings/79d6bbd6-5a0a-4072-ac28-e68e3ebf9ea8
  5. proxy settings

proxy settings: "Your device is connected to the internet using a vpn or proxy service.Please disable it and try again."Has suddenly appeared on both my laptop and iPhone when accessing media accounts,without me changing settings.The iPhone even when using mobile data.Why would this be?...
  6. proxy settings

proxy settings: could someone please tell me if I need to turn the proxy settings on. or can I leave the settings as they are. it is a new windows 10 notebook. I am just a beginner using the internet and computers...
  7. proxy settings

proxy settings: i have a problem which is that i cant change my automatically detect settings option in local area Network LAN settings when i mark on it and press ok nothing happen the window still open and when i go to >settings >network & internet >proxy >automatically detect settings...
  8. Windows 10 proxy setting via GPO

Windows 10 proxy setting via GPO: I have the case: I'd like to overwrite proxy settings set up via GPO in site policy - 1. User Configuration\Preferences\Control Panel Setting\Internet Settings -> Connections -> LAN settings, using: 2. User Configuration\Preferences\Windows Settings\Registry ->...
  9. Proxy Settings

Proxy Settings: I have a proxy setting that wont go away the HTTP is 127.0.0.1 the port is 13101 and its Exceptions is <-loopback> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/proxy-settings/983a9d2c-9f67-49e4-ba4c-6b2d19f65c61
  10. Proxy settings

Proxy settings: Can anyone tell me what to do with a Windows 10 problem. I keep getting a message Windows could not automatically detect Networks proxy settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/proxy-settings/56e54959-afea-491e-bd92-fa6ade13e521

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 proxy settings gpo

2. Disable Automatically detect settings GPO

3. Windows 10 GPO Proxy settings

4. proxy gpo windows 10,
  5. windows 10 local gpo proxy settings,
  6. gpo for proxy settings,
  7. disable windows 10 automatically detect settings for proxy via registry :microsoft,
  8. gpo windows 10 proxy,
  9. window 10 proxy gpo