Windows 10: Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation

Discus and support Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 1909. After the upgrade completed, I attempted to update my GPU drivers GTX 1050Ti to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vksy, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Vksy Win User

Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation

Hello,

I just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 1909. After the upgrade completed, I attempted to update my GPU drivers GTX 1050Ti to 445.81. The drivers failed to install and caused several BSOD issues. The error messages I have encountered are:

System Thread Exception Not Handled

System Thread Exception Not Handled - nvlddmkm.sys failed

I have removed any currently installed drivers with DDU and have tried to install both 445.82 and 442.74 without being connected to the internet to avoid Windows trying to automatically install the driver. Both have failed to install and will usually cause a system crash. I am able to boot into safe mode. Updating the driver through Windows Update also causes a crash.

Unfortunately I deleted my copy of 7 before discovering the driver issue otherwise I would've rolled back. I am hoping that there is a fix that doesn't involve having to wipe the system and go back to 7. Thanks for any help.

:)

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation

GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation

1. Windows 10 GPU Driver Installation - Similar Threads - GPU Driver Installation

2. Problem when installing GPU driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when installing GPU driver: So I am facing a problem installing the driver of my old GPU GT 730 2Gb Ddr3Every time the driver finish installing, I will get BSOD with error : win32k.sys and nvlddmkm.sysI tried to manually download the driver via Manufacturer site and Nvidia site but the problem still...
  3. Problem when installing GPU driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem when installing GPU driver: So I am facing a problem installing the driver of my old GPU GT 730 2Gb Ddr3Every time the driver finish installing, I will get BSOD with error : win32k.sys and nvlddmkm.sysI tried to manually download the driver via Manufacturer site and Nvidia site but the problem still...
  4. Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation: I had to reinstall Windows for some reason. I was on Windows 11 for a few months and it was working perfectly until it just crashed out of nowhereI tried reinstalling Windows 11 and the situation kept getting worse, even during the Setup it kept crashing and then restartingI...
  5. Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation: I had to reinstall Windows for some reason. I was on Windows 11 for a few months and it was working perfectly until it just crashed out of nowhereI tried reinstalling Windows 11 and the situation kept getting worse, even during the Setup it kept crashing and then restartingI...
  6. Windows 10 keeps crashing during GPU driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot with GPU drivers installed: Computer Type: Desktop custom build. GPU: MSI Mech 5600 xt oc CPU: Ryzen 2600 Motherboard: Asus Prime B450m-a/csm RAM: 16gb ddr4 3200 Tforce ddr4gaming dark PSU: Kratos gold p1-650w Case: phanteks 300 with intake-outtake Operating System & Version: Windows 10 latest...
  8. Windows 10 GPU driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 GPU driver: So last time W10 updated my GPU driver it went and downloaded nvidia 432.00 driver. I remember reading somewhere on the web that if you update your GPU drivers then W10 will just revert back to 432.00 driver. Is this true ? Was this issue ever fixed in W10 ? Also do i have...
  9. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  10. Unable to prevent GPU driver install in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable to prevent GPU driver install in Windows 10.: Has anyone else seen this or experienced it? I have set "Device Installation Settings" No in the System Properties options. I've gone as far as removing the drivers with DDU from guru3d in safe mode as well. The GPU driver will still install one of two ways. The first is...