Windows 10: Windows 10 GPU-Scheduling Setting?

Discus and support Windows 10 GPU-Scheduling Setting? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Can someone explain what the Windows 10 Hardware-enabled GPU Scheduling option under Display and Graphics Settings does? I clicked it to on and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mccnavy, Dec 23, 2020.

1. mccnavy Win User

Windows 10 GPU-Scheduling Setting?

Can someone explain what the Windows 10 Hardware-enabled GPU Scheduling option under Display and Graphics Settings does? I clicked it to on and the only thing I've noticed with normal use is that both HWMonitor and seem to be unable to show GPU usage. It stays at 0%...sometimes I've seen it go 1%. Is this a useful setting or better left off? Thanks.

:)

mccnavy, Dec 23, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 23, 2020
  4. zapcity Win User

Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD

Hi, I seem to be getting BSOD when using Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON.

My configuration is:
    • Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard with Intel HD graphics 4000
    • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080
    Windows features enabled:
    • Virtual machine platform
    • windows hypervisor platform
    • windows sandbox
    • windows subsystem for linux
    I have one monitor (monitor1) connected to the GTX 1080 card, and the other (monitor2) to my integrated graphics on my motherboard. I have WSL2 and Docker running fine on my PC, so interoperability with Hyper-V is working well.

I have noticed that when I set Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON, my PC has a BDOD whenever I place specific applications (like Remote Desktop Connection) within monitor2 which is using Intel HD graphics 4000. I also noticed I get a lot of HAXM errors in my event viewer e.g. HAXM can't work on system without VT support . I'm guessing my problems are a result of HAXM not being compatible with Hyper-V, so that when Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON, it is trying to use HAXM for GPU acceleration on monitor2 (using Intel HD graphics 4000), which then results in a BSOD? The BSOD error reports a problem with dxgmms1.sys.

I have ordered some DisplayPort cables so that both monitors will run from the GPU, and will disable integrated graphics to avoid problems like this in the future.

Thanks for any insight.

zapcity, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 GPU-Scheduling Setting? - Similar Threads - GPU Scheduling Setting

2. Hardware accellerated GPU scheduling missing from Windows 11 settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware accellerated GPU scheduling missing from Windows 11 settings.: So this setting dosen't show up for me. I have tried The RegEdit solution by adding DWORD called "HwSchMode" with the vaue set to 2 and still nothing apears. What can I do now? Thanks....
  3. Hardware accellerated GPU scheduling missing from Windows 11 settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware accellerated GPU scheduling missing from Windows 11 settings.: So this setting dosen't show up for me. I have tried The RegEdit solution by adding DWORD called "HwSchMode" with the vaue set to 2 and still nothing apears. What can I do now? Thanks....
  4. For some reason the hardware accelerated gpu scheduling setting is not popping up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    For some reason the hardware accelerated gpu scheduling setting is not popping up: For some reason the hardware accelerated gpu scheduling setting is not popping up. when I go to graphics settings I see the setting for VRR but not HAGS. windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling Option not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling Option not found: I have Win10 2004 and NVDIA GeForce driver v451.48 already installed in my laptop. But under Multiple Display -> Graphics settings could not found Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling Option. Also in Regedit ->...
  6. How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows 10 hardware accelerated GPU scheduling: If you follow Windows 10 development at all, you’ve probably heard this “Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling” buzzword that’s been going around since last year. At that point, Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling was little more than just an option in Settings, but after...
  7. How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft has introduced a new interesting feature in Windows 10 that is named Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling. This feature is part of the WDDM 2.7 that […] This article How to enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  8. Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10 version 2004: Abstract You may have noticed a mysterious new optional feature called Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling appear in the advanced graphics settings page with the Windows 10 May 2020 update. The purpose of this blog is to give some background on this new feature and how we...
  9. No hardware acceleration GPU scheduling setting available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No hardware acceleration GPU scheduling setting available: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/veu58j4us9751.png?width=800&format=png&auto=webp&s=e7c9cc49b835acfad6b06bff610f9854192ca652 submitted by /u/minhduc66532 [link] [comments]...
  10. Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling: Hello, I understand that Nvidia supports the titled feature with their new driver released yesterday. Is the ability to activate this feature tied to the 2004 Windows 10 update? My system apparently is still not ready for 2004, and I do not have the toggle for...