Windows 10: Windows 10 gradually freezing after a long sleep state (Detailed)

Discus and support Windows 10 gradually freezing after a long sleep state (Detailed) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ive been dealing with this for three months on a new workstation. The PC is working great, except for sleep states. Right now Ive just accepted that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pillowww, Jun 25, 2021.

1. pillowww Win User

Windows 10 gradually freezing after a long sleep state (Detailed)

Ive been dealing with this for three months on a new workstation. The PC is working great, except for sleep states. Right now Ive just accepted that sleep is not an option on this machine, but someone might still have input on this and Id love to hear opinions. 21H1 19043.1052 Detailed issue: 20-40 minutes after a long (6+ hours) sleep state Windows 10 pro is gradually freezing (mouse moves, applications wont close, UI stops responding, until a complete halt.)This does not happen after a short sleep state (1-2 hours)Only way to resolve this is a forced restart via the power button.Nothing in the Reliability Report.No MiniDumps.No BSOD. Hardware (where there are two options Ive switched out components for testing, everything has been stress tested thoroughly with no issues coming up.): MB: Supermicro x10DAi (Asus z10pe-d8 WS)CPU: 2 x Intel e5 v4 2699 Xeon processorsGPU: RTX 2080PSU: EVGA 850 Gold (Gigabyte 1000 Gold)RAM: 128GB Samsung RDIMM ECCHD: Samsung NVME as boot (Crucial SSD as boot / WD HDD as boot) Other info: All drivers are OEM, and if available, multiple different drivers were tested.All components were tested, this includes GPU, CPU, RAMNo USB connected was tested.Everything is updated.UEFIBarebones fresh install with nothing but mouse connected to single windows 10 PRO SSD drive.Temperatures are great.Hibernation is OFF, Hybrid Sleep is OFF, the Motherboard only allows for S3Ive seen the GPU go to either 100% or -1% in taskmanager while this is happening. If the screens go into standby while the freezing occurs, they wont wake back up on moving the mouse or any other input. The only thing I get in Event Viewer is: Kernel 137 The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance. This message only shows up with the x10DAi Motherboard after a sleep state. The z10pe-d8 WS does not show this message after a sleep state, it has the same freezing issue though. So my best guess here would be the ram. It is not faulty though and didnt show any error when thoroughly testing with a memtest boot. Is it possible that a ram module just doesnt support sleep states? Why would this only happen after long sleep states, but not short ones? Whats going on with the ACPI management? Any input is appreciated!

:)

pillowww, Jun 25, 2021
  2. bkl2 Win User

Windows 10: cursor freezes / disappears after sleep (or power on)

Hello,

My cursor on Windows 10 seems to freeze / disappear every time when I wake up my laptop from a 'sleep' state and when I power up windows. Sometimes it takes multiple reboots to get the cursor back. This
    started happening after I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 (clean install with formatted partition). Cursor was working fine when
    I was using Windows 8/7 for the last few years on the same hardware.

I have seen other posts online about this cursor freezing/disappearing problem on earlier Windows 10 builds, but unable to find a fix. Do you have any suggestions? Details listed below. Thanks in advance!!

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

Hardware: Sony Viao Laptop

Model # SVS1313AGXB

Synaptics Touchpad driver screen attached below. The "Update Driver" button is disabled.

No drivers listed for Windows 10 at

Sony support page: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVS1313AGXB&LOC=3#/downloadTab

Windows 10 gradually freezing after a long sleep state (Detailed) 0506b07a-ea23-4460-bf1e-8123d9f20330.png

3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 gradually freezing after a long sleep state (Detailed) - Similar Threads - gradually freezing long

2. Windows 11 23H2 memory gradually increases to an abnormal state 2-3 days after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 memory gradually increases to an abnormal state 2-3 days after...: My build numbers are as follows3The critical value will be reached after a period of time every time the computer is turned on, and it is impossible to know what application or driver caused the increase in memory.I used some memory analysis tools and got the following...
  3. Windows 11 23H2 memory gradually increases to an abnormal state 2-3 days after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 23H2 memory gradually increases to an abnormal state 2-3 days after...: My build numbers are as follows3The critical value will be reached after a period of time every time the computer is turned on, and it is impossible to know what application or driver caused the increase in memory.I used some memory analysis tools and got the following...
  4. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  5. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  6. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Gradual Windows 10 crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gradual Windows 10 crash: Hi, I’m writing to report a crashing issue that I’ve been having with my machine for about 4 months.---My machine: running Windows 10 64 bit on Ryzen 5 3600XI first encountered the issue after about 8 months of using this PC without ever changing any components.---The...
  8. Windows 10 not loading correctly after long sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not loading correctly after long sleep: Hello, this has been frustrating me since getting this Dell 7391 laptop in August. I have tried a lot of things and now the laptop appears to sleep okay most of the time when its not a long sleep and wakes up okay. However as soon as it goes in a long sleep, say 45 minutes...
  9. Windows 10 freezes at login after startup (open for details)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes at login after startup (open for details): I have a very strange and complex problem in Windows 10 that makes the computer unusable. It goes as follows: -I start up the computer. It shows the normal Windows 10 loading cog screen, but at a certain point it waits 10 seconds for a disk check (which I have already...
  10. Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep: Greetings, I have a HP Pavillion g7 laptop running Windows 10. After a long sleep (hours long), my Ethernet connection goes down. A shut down and reboot is usually how I'm able to get the Ethernet connected again. I did see this error a few times "Ethernet Connection does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mouse freezes after coming from sleep